Mike Gregory Benefit Match

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Bert's Medal

Mike Gregory Benefit Match

Post by Bert's Medal »

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere on the board.

A benefit match is being organised for Mike Gregory, I understand towards the end of this month (Eddie Hemmings mentioned it during the commentary on Friday - saw on the re-run on Saturday morning I must add, because I was delighted to be at the game on Friday!).

Joe Lydon is contacting potential players, with some absolute legends lined up for what I understand will be a touch rugby match. I understand that Brian Noble will be coaching the GB veterans/legends team.
#1 warrior princess

Re: Mike Gregory Benefit Match

Post by #1 warrior princess »

It's the 24th September at St Pat's, kick off 1:30pm
You can take the girl out of Wigan, but you can't take Wigan out of the girl!
primrose-n-blue

Re: Mike Gregory Benefit M...

Post by primrose-n-blue »

That's an embarresing joke if that is Wigan cam muster for Mike.
At the very least, you should stage a match in the pie dome with a full Wigan outfit and possibly invite Warrington too.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:angry: I do not think that Mike Gregory is somebody or something that you should use as an excuse to troll and act in a petty pathetic manner over P & B. Unless you have been in a coma the issues between Mike / the club have been extensively covered. Please crawl back under whichever stone you have come from.
primrose-n-blue

Its not an attack on any of you fans and I did see a couple of cherry and white shirts at the benifit match Warrington vs Widnes, but your pathetic board who chose to take Mike's family right up to the court room door.
:sly:
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

primrose-n-blue posted:
At the very least, you should stage a match in the pie dome with a full Wigan outfit and possibly invite Warrington too.
again you come on and get your facte wrong ,did wigan pay him in full answer yes ,could he carry on coachinfg answer no .The reason we are in the striff we are in is because we missed mikes guardance at a time we needed each other >if you read the local press you will see the fans have done plenty for him no more than the hike for mike ,of which io still have my certificate on the wall have you got 1 no i think not even though there were plety there from the wire but i guess you wasnt 1 of them ,all mouth and no action young boy :angry:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
primrose-n-blue

Flash posted:
primrose-n-blue posted:
I noticed no apology in your last post either, just excuses....
Apologies for my confusion of rubbishing the efforts of you fans who care with the heartless gits on the Wigan board

I haven't attacked the efforts of the fans or St Pat's, but I can understand the confusion from my poor worded post.

..But the board
Defend them if you wish...Payed up contract or not, what they did to Mike sucks.
No scoring points or whatever you want to call it, it happened, period.
Nine

Post by Nine »

For info, the club is promoting the event on its website:
A host of former Great Britain Rugby League stars will be involved in a special challenge match to be staged in support of the Mike Gregory Trust Fund.

A Wigan St Patrick's Select XIII will face a Great Britain Rugby League All Star XIII on Sunday 24th September at the famous St Patrick's club in Wigan.

Players including former Wigan and GB greats Joe Lydon, Martin Dermott, Andy Gregory, Phil Clarke, Denis Betts and Steve Hampson will all be involved.

Wales and GB legend Jonathan Davies will also be involved along with current Wigan and Great Britain Head Coach Brian Noble.

Current players from Wigan Warriors and Warrington Wolves will also be present to support the event.

All proceeds raised by the fixture will go towards the Fund.

The event will also feature live music after the match, a BBQ and the chance to win Rugby League prizes.

Event Details

Sunday 24th September
1.30pm Kick Off
Wigan St Patrick's ARLFC
Darlington Street
Wigan
Squad number 18!
Bear

Post by Bear »

primrose-n-blue posted:
Your Pathetic.. troll
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
Bear

Post by Bear »

il`l be there... Who else is going?
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!