Higham or Newton For GB?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Higham or Newton For GB?

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Whats everyone thinking for first choice hooker for GB. For me i think it depends on how the team is made up. If they are going for power ala Bradford i think its gotta be Newton. He's more of a distributer from the ruck so if Nobles looking to out power the aussies and the kiwis i think Netwons his man. However if he sets the team up to play fast rugby ala Stains its gotta be higham his runs from dummy half are leathal as long as he has got good support otherwise he gets caught out and flattended. I think they will be alternating anyway but for me id go with higham first to blast them then stick terry on to control the game. Or does anyone think that alker etc rate higher than these two?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
GeoffN

Re: Higham or Newton For G...

Post by GeoffN »

Newton was injured against us; we all know he can play better than that. Fielden got him in the first tackle and he struggled after that until being substituted.

I still think he'll start for GB, possibly with Higham on the bench.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

higham for me .he's been better than terry all season from the games i've saw. i've been quite disapointed by terry considering the way he played for us.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

higham 4 me every pass newton did on friday was forward :o :D
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

are you going to be passing beer forward in the ss bar after the hull game mike? :D
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

waterside glens posted:
are you going to be passing beer forward in the ss bar after the hull game mike? :D
tes if we are in the play offs :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

id stick with higham and wagga :lol:

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

Both Newton and Higham for me. Two different styles, yet both effective in their positions!
chrisJJ

Re: Higham or Newton For GB?

Post by chrisJJ »

higham, newton looks of form
To be the best
you have to beat the best