Next seasons fixtures

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Next seasons fixtures

Post by cpwigan »

26 normal rounds, the Cardiff special, 1 LESS ROUND OF MATCHES. So clubs are effectively losing 2 Rounds and so are supporters. Season ticket implications, are season ticket holders not entitled to free entry to the Cardiff jaunt? I worry about this Cardiff experience. Will the ordinat supporter get shafted and have a marquee fixture taken away from them? To lose a Wigan v Saints home fixture would be a kick in the teeth. Are financial gaurantees / compensation in place for the clubs?
GeoffN

Re: Next seasons fixtures

Post by GeoffN »

AFAIK nothing's been decided about the Cardiff weekend yet - it was just a proposal by the rfl.
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

There is something advertised outside the JJB when i went for my tickets this morning, it's a trip down south for the latics fans, it includes coach travel at 5:00am full english breakfast on route 4* hotel with evening meal and breakfast transfer to the ground and on return to Wigan a full roast sunday lunch, all that for £70:00 wich i think is excellent.
If Wigan had something like that lined up for Cardiff it would be worth looking into don't you think?.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Geoff it was confirmed in one of the weekly rugby newspapers this week. Ditto the 1 less round.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan posted:
To lose a Wigan v Saints home fixture would be a kick in the teeth.
My concern exactly. I suspect it will be such a game because if we were due to play them three times next season they will leave us with one at the JJB, one at Saints and move one to Cardiff.
Are financial guarantees / compensation in place for the clubs?
If I am not mistaken it would be our turn to have two matches v Saints at the JJB which means if one goes to Cardiff not only do we fans loose out but the club looses a massive gate. So it is to be hoped there is financial compensation.

It could seriously dent the clubs income which in turn could even affect how much they can spend under the salary cap.

As usual I just get the impression the RFL/SL have not thought through the full implications of doing this.

Unless the locals pack the place out I expect it to be at least half empty as I for one have no interest in watching a Salford v Wire game for example and I am sure others will feel the same. If I went (which I probably will not) I would arrive in time to watch Wigan and leave to make the long journey back home after the final whistle.

Dave
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Talking about this cardiff trip, if it happens...

would season tiicket prices be reduced by 10 quid or so? or perhaps an option with tickets for the cardiff match (if the fan can get to wales etc...) an opt-out season ticket scheme
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

This is it A & L. season tickets are available etc now but the way the RFL seem to be wording this seems to be like some kind of tele sales con, "26 rounds AND Wales.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

An official press release has come out of the RFL and I quote:

"Three games will be played on Saturday, May 5 and three more the following day, Sunday, May 6. The precise order of games will be confirmed at a later date."

May bank holiday weekend and so thats odds on a Wigan v Saints game isn't it?

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

As to prices:

The ticket price structure for the event is:-

* A three-game, one-day pass will cost: £18, £25 and £30. Concessions will attract a 50 per cent discount except for a number of concession tickets that will be made available for the lower bowl at a rate of £5 for the day.

* A weekend six-game pass will cost: £30, £40 and £45. Concessions will attract a 50 per cent discount.

* The season ticket holder only full weekend rates are: £25, £35, £40

* The £5 concession entry in the lower bowl is only available on a daily-rate basis and, therefore, an adult purchasing a weekend pass would need to purchase two daily rate passes at £5 each for any concession purchased.

Now if I read that properly season ticket holders only get a discount of they opt for the full weekend 6 game pass and its only five quid.

Now I think that is outrageous because as a season ticket holder I would have got this game at the JJB as part of my season ticket price. And why no disocunt for season ticket holders on a three game pass?

Unless season tickets are reduced due to this event then I am being asked to pay for a game twice and travel to Cardiff for the privilege.

Dave
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I will tell you this much. They are quite happy to stick the boot into us at every opportunity but when they want something to be a success who do they bloody rely on, US.