Orr-revoir

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dawber

Orr-revoir

Post by Dawber »

That is the headline about Danny Orr in todays Daily Star, it states that he will lose his starting spot because we have Barrett and Leuluai coming in next season, has Leuluai been confirmed yet? it also states the obvious players that are leaving tonight but it also says Richards is very strongly linked to Huddersfield? it literally states Richards will take his final bow tonight, i wonder if this is correct as one or two on this board have already spoke about Richards?.
cherry-n-white

Re: Orr-revoir

Post by cherry-n-white »

i wouldnt listen to much they print in that comic,they hardly ever cover rugby in it then when they do its usally BULL!!! :conf:
you can't keep a good team down!!!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Also suggested it in the daily express (which is usually spot on weeks in advance of official announcements) didnt say it directly that hes leaving, but it said warrington, castleford and quins are very interested and it could be his last game.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

The only players who were recognised at the end of the game by the announcer as leaving tonight were those we expected i.e. Logan, Dobson, Dallas and Rads and also Tickle.

I was surprised about Tickle as no hint from the club that he was leaving has cropped up despite speculation by the fans. If Orr was off I'd have expected an even more surprising announcement.

Dave
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

In the programme it actually said Tickle was in the last year of his contract and would be leaving. They've kept this very quiet, plus i was sure he signed a new contract last year that kept him until 07. You never know what might happen in the off season though Dave, Danny might get a better offer to be a first choice player rather than wondering whether he'll be starting or on the bench!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

mrs_carney posted:
You never know what might happen in the off season though Dave, Danny might get a better offer to be a first choice player rather than wondering whether he'll be starting or on the bench!
I agree there is a lot of water to pass under the bridge before next season but the player I'd expect to be starting off the bench is Lulu if we sign him. He's only 20 and ought to do what Waggas ids going to do at Hull, learn off the experienced player.

I reckon Orr could do a great job at s/h with Barret outside him.

I also think we need Orr for his attitude. We can't gut the entire squad and start again next season. I think the Wagga decision by the club was 50/50, Logon showed tonight we will miss him (so why is he off?) and these two players along with Orr are a select band of players who actually tried hard in the first half of the season

Dave
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

I was told a few weeks back by a member of our coaching staff that the plan is to start Leuluai and Barrett. I asked "what about Orr?" and got a shrug of the shoulders in return!! :o