Goalkicker for next season???????

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Webby1971

Goalkicker for next season???????

Post by Webby1971 »

With the loss of Dobson & Tickle and the uncertainty on Danny Orr's role next season the big question must be "Who will kick goals next season" don't think Barrett, Bailey or Leulaui kick goals and can't think of anyone in the current squad, maybe Pat Richards but how certain is he's future? Headache for Nobby?? Lets hope he's got it covered. As anyone got any news on this?
ancientnloyal

Re: Goalkicker for next season...

Post by ancientnloyal »

What about Ashton? 5 months training... if all fails... Paleaaesina!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Webby1971

Re: Goalkicker for next se...

Post by Webby1971 »

Good call, he seems to strike the ball well on kick off's and haven't we got an expert kicking coach? Can't think of his name.
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

ya i'd go with ashton he deffinatly seems t have good potential...
XxX_Wigan_Til_I_Die_XxX

Re: Goalkicker for next season...

Post by XxX_Wigan_Til_I_Die_XxX »

Webby1971 posted:
With the loss of Dobson & Tickle and the uncertainty on Danny Orr's role next season the big question must be "Who will kick goals next season" don't think Barrett, Bailey or Leulaui kick goals and can't think of anyone in the current squad, maybe Pat Richards but how certain is he's future? Headache for Nobby?? Lets hope he's got it covered. As anyone got any news on this?
im sure it said in the paper that leulaui kicks goals :conf:
...*...[..e..m..m..a..]...*...
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Webby1971 posted:
Good call, he seems to strike the ball well on kick off's and haven't we got an expert kicking coach? Can't think of his name.
botica i think
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

I think our kicker will be a player brought into the club over the close season. Dallas, and as rumoured Richards leaving, we need a winger for sure. Have a look around at the goal kicking wingers most probably in the NRL. El'magic and Covell are two names that have been rumoured before, both top quality goal kickers.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

well the covell rumour so to say is a pile of poop. maurice came out and said he doesnt even know who luke covell is nor does he know who he plays for.

i think lueluia can kick and if we keep richards then thats an option. ashton, some have said would be good and i don't disagree but he will need a bit more practise as im sure all tries we score wont be smack in the middle of the posts.

orr can kick as he has in the past on occassions. i also heard that o'loughlin can kick goals, i don't know if that is true but he has or is deffinately penning a new deal.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
kirky

Post by kirky »

shawcross da warrior posted:
ya i'd go with ashton he deffinatly seems t have good potential...
Do we really want to put that pressure on Ashton though next year? Everybody lauds him so much I'm sure he could without the pressure of kicking as well. Lets just let him develop for another season eh?
Man and ball, man and ball!
turf

Post by turf »

I agree. Sometimes, too much pressure on a young player like Ashton can often affect their performances for their team, and it would be a ridiculous move to place added pressure (of goal kicking) onto his shoulders as well as improving his game.

He is only 19 years of age remember and cannot learn everything in one go.