LEIGH are knocked out!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

LEIGH are knocked out!!

Post by ancientnloyal »

Still my dream of Whitehaven is still alive! If only the RFL will change their minds over their ground.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Bear

Re: LEIGH are knocked out!!

Post by Bear »

i hope we play them in a freindly again :lol:

easy win to try out the new signings
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
MonoG

Post by MonoG »

what annoys me with the Whitehaven situation that for the last 2 years the rfl had told them what they needed to do to be SL standard and by Grand Final time they had done it and had they won against leigh or cas they would have been a SL team. Whitehaven are being victimised by the RFL this year because the league would prefer Hull KR, Widnes or Leigh(now out ha ha)so therefore haven't given the chance to the cumbrian side. A side that the super league needs in order to become a more nationalised sport.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: LEIGH are knocked out!...

Post by Mike »

MonoG posted:
what annoys me with the Whitehaven situation that for the last 2 years the rfl had told them what they needed to do to be SL standard and by Grand Final time they had done it and had they won against leigh or cas they would have been a SL team. Whitehaven are being victimised by the RFL this year because the league would prefer Hull KR, Widnes or Leigh(now out ha ha)so therefore haven't given the chance to the cumbrian side. A side that the super league needs in order to become a more nationalised sport.
Perhaps its because they have now had 2 years to make the improvements that they said they would make to their ground if they made super league - and they still haven't done it. They still have the same plan - which is to play in Carlise until their ground meets the standards - that they had 2 years ago. They have to make an effort to meet the standards (after all if Leigh's ground was good enough it can't be that hard cen it?!)
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

MonoG posted:
what annoys me with the Whitehaven situation that for the last 2 years the rfl had told them what they needed to do to be SL standard and by Grand Final time they had done it and had they won against leigh or cas they would have been a SL team.
No they didn't. As Mike says, they made promises that they then didn't keep. They've had 2 years (well, really they've had 102 years...) to get their act together - it still hasn't happened.

Other clubs, both in and out of SL, are doing it; Leigh will have their "sporting village", Cas & Salford seem to have suceeded with their new grounds, even Doncaster, near the bottom of NL1, have theirs.
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

It could not have happened to a nicer team!!! Just a group of thugs and idiots!!!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Martin Taylor posted:
It could not have happened to a nicer team!!! Just a group of thugs and idiots!!!
Except for Bryn and Prescott obviously
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
browns_babe06

Post by browns_babe06 »

def want them as friendly will be good warm up game but on a better night than last year (as was rather wet).

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

i didnt think they deserved a shot at superleague this year, after their last superleague outing was as pathetic as it was
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

ancientnloyal posted:
Martin Taylor posted:
Except for Bryn and Prescott obviously
Obviously! These lads are out own! :D