swap barrett and richards for dobson ....

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shawcross da warrior

swap barrett and richards for dobson ....

Post by shawcross da warrior »

i think wigan should try to sign dobbo from canberra on a long term deal even if we had to sacrifice richards and the new boy barrett. i think it would work out better in the long run because him and danny orr had a great parternership towards the end of the season and i think it could only improve.. wt do you think ???
ancientnloyal

Re: swap barrett and richards ...

Post by ancientnloyal »

I think you're having a laugh! Swap Barrett! :lol:
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
browns_babe06

Re: swap barrett and richa...

Post by browns_babe06 »

no we still want barrett. but danny orr might be going anyway
Martin Taylor

Re: swap barrett and richards ...

Post by Martin Taylor »

shawcross da warrior posted:
i think wigan should try to sign dobbo from canberra on a long term deal even if we had to sacrifice richards and the new boy barrett. i think it would work out better in the long run because him and danny orr had a great parternership towards the end of the season and i think it could only improve.. wt do you think ???
Have you ever watched Trent Barrett? One word sums him up......class!!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I really like Dobbo but please tell me you fell out of bed and banged your head. Trent Barrett is a world star.
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

cpwigan posted:
I really like Dobbo but please tell me you fell out of bed and banged your head. Trent Barrett is a world star.
i know a watch him evertime he's on the t.v he probably will be better just a suggestion it would be good if we could get him in a few years though ....he will be back
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Look, is it just me, or is Michael Dobson no more than an average, solid scrum-half?

I can't understand why everyone is raving about him so much. He is a solid kicker in general play and a quality plce kicker. His distribution is fine. His running is OK. His pace and agility is below average. The guy needs to go back to Aus and develop to see how far his potential will take him. There are british youngsters (like the one at Salford - you know who I mean) with way more potential than Dobson (although as he's an Aussie he'll probably make more of himself than they do). He came here to be dependable and give us a kicking game, and that what he did - he didn't convince me he was the next Andy Gregory, Alan Langer or whoever.

Perhaps Dobson just looks so good to some people because we had to sit through 18 months of the "scrum half" Denis Moran and we all forgot how that position should be played. I just hope the Leuleui isn't another "world class scrum half" from London.

Like I said - maybe its just me.... :conf:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
binder the drummer

Post by binder the drummer »

i think that trent barret is a good player and wigan shouldn't get rid of him, when he is so good,maybe danny orr and pat Richers
WIGAN TILL I DIE
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think the truth lies somewhere between Mike. What stood out for me was he had enthusiasm whilst remaining in control of the game. The kid certainly has that magical X factor. Sometimes you do not need to be quick E.G Peter Sterling.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Dobson has good pace when he gets going, he's scored some good tries for Les Cats from inside his own half. I think he brought a little stability and did the little things right, plus his kicking game is spot on.

Barret is a superstar who is still the right side of 30 to give his best without being past it. No way I'm swapping them.