RFL turn down Castleford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Matthew

RFL turn down Castleford

Post by Matthew »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 360090.stm

Unsurprisingly, the RFL have said no to extending the league to 13 teams.

Why don't Castleford lend as many players as possible to Whitehaven? Surely their forwards are better than what Whitehaven already have?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
GeoffN

Re: RFL turn down Castleford

Post by GeoffN »

Matthew posted:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 360090.stm

Unsurprisingly, the RFL have said no to extending the league to 13 teams.

Why don't Castleford lend as many players as possible to Whitehaven? Surely their forwards are better than what Whitehaven already have?
Because the transfer deadline has passed.
wigan_twins

Re: RFL turn down Castlefo...

Post by wigan_twins »

iam sorta glad because if we would have been in castlefords place ( which could of happened)everyone from other clubs would be going mad at us :conf: :exc:
any1 whos fancys a gd hard shagin message me men nd especially women ;) xxxxxxxxxxx
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

wigan_twins posted:
iam sorta glad because if we would have been in castlefords place ( which could of happened)everyone from other clubs would be going mad at us :conf: :exc:
They were going mad when we were in the relegation spot. They were all claiming the RFL would cheat to save Wigan, that it would be a disgrace if rules were changed to keep Wigan up, despite the suggestion that Wigan were prepared to play without the TV money. Richard Lewis, chairman of the RFL, stated categorically that rules would not changed for the club finishing in the relegation position, and I'm glad to see he has stuck to his word. It's funny how it's all sympathy for Castleford when it was all "Wigan will cheat, hope they go down" from many fans of other clubs about 3 months ago...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
wigan_twins

Post by wigan_twins »

Fraggle posted:
wigan_twins posted:
They were going mad when we were in the relegation spot. They were all claiming the RFL would cheat to save Wigan, that it would be a disgrace if rules were changed to keep Wigan up, despite the suggestion that Wigan were prepared to play without the TV money. Richard Lewis, chairman of the RFL, stated categorically that rules would not changed for the club finishing in the relegation position, and I'm glad to see he has stuck to his word. It's funny how it's all sympathy for Castleford when it was all "Wigan will cheat, hope they go down" from many fans of other clubs about 3 months ago...
well said its totaly 100% true and i dont feel sorry at all for them getting that result. what goes around comes around :exc:
any1 whos fancys a gd hard shagin message me men nd especially women ;) xxxxxxxxxxx
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

Fraggle posted:
wigan_twins posted:
Like i said at the time Fraggle to all those fans.
What goes around comes around, maybe it's a lesson to other people, be carefull what you say because it may just come back to bite you on the bum.