Who is going to the latics game?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
panthersno1

Who is going to the latics game?

Post by panthersno1 »

Who is going to the latics that is free for all warriors season ticket holders and what are your thoughts on the free game for both sets of fans (warriors/Latics)
Bear

Re: Who is going to the latics...

Post by Bear »

Not me i wouldnt even touch a ticket :)
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
juan

Post by juan »

panthersno1 posted:
Who is going to the latics that is free for all warriors season ticket holders and what are your thoughts on the free game for both sets of fans (warriors/Latics)
It is a great move by the club to finally put an end to all the bickering. Unfortunately some cant see that and will contine to be arseholes about it while on a Saturday afternoon cheering as the results come in (on TV may i add) as they see if Everton, Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester Citeh, or another football team from another town, which they try to claim as their own, has won or not.

A sad, sad state of affairs for this fantastic town to find itself in.
Bear

Re: Who is going to the la...

Post by Bear »

juan posted:
panthersno1 posted:
It is a great move by the club to finally put an end to all the bickering. Unfortunately some cant see that and will contine to be arseholes about it while on a Saturday afternoon cheering as the results come in (on TV may i add) as they see if Everton, Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester Citeh, or another football team from another town, which they try to claim as their own, has won or not.

Im Not being both until Never!
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
juan

Post by juan »

Matthew, now i do understand that English is your second language, but you really need to try to explain yourself better.
XxX_Wigan_Til_I_Die_XxX

Post by XxX_Wigan_Til_I_Die_XxX »

juan posted:
panthersno1 posted:

actually, i hate football in general, so i will not be cheering on any other football team. my hate for football has sort of formed a hate for latics and all the commotion that surrounded them being promoted. Warriors have been in the top flight of rugby league for years, no-one makes a fuss about that.
...*...[..e..m..m..a..]...*...
juan

Post by juan »

Football gets more media exposure, whether we like it or not.

No point sulking because they got media attention when they got promoted. We get media exposure when we win trophies. Maybe not as much as we should but relative to the size of the sports then it is the same.

And you have actually answered your own question. We dont get a fuss made about us BECAUSE we've been here for years - it is expected of us. If Latics remain in the Premiership for a long time then it will all die down. They got the expose because they had never been there as well as the "fairytale" story of Lancashire lague to the top in 28 years.

Plus surely any positive media coverage the town recieves is a good thing ?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Nope. If this was a genuine offer rather than trying to bolster the attendance for a game that the Latics fear will be their poorest attendance, having already expressed concerns already about lowish attendances this season. So no a blatant marketing ploy on behalf of the Latics is not going to induce me. Offer me a free ticket v Man U or liverpool then yes maybe. Insult my intelligence and throw Watford in my face NO THANKYOU.
emma warriors simply the best

Post by emma warriors simply the best »

you say that we cannot see that it is a good thing that the club is trying to get fans to go to both sports etc but how many latics season ticket holders are going to want to come and watch the rugby you will probably hear the same answers of them when the time comes
LOYAL
WARRIOR

PHIL BAILEY: "I am totally thrilled to be joining the Wigan Warriors. Everyone believes in the club and I can’t wait to join Wigan for 2007".

Iafeta Paleaaesina:"Our fans support over recent years has been astonishing. They are the backbone of the Club and we are truly grateful for the way they get behind us".

!!!WARRIORS 4 LIFE!!!

Born a WARRIOR!
Live a WARRIOR!
Die a WARRIOR!

we can build this dream together
standing strong forever
Nothing's gonna stop us now

Proud to be a wiganer!!!
madmags

Post by madmags »

I went to the Newcastle game last season but only to see Michael Owen.
Dont think I will be going again the crowd was nothing like it is for a Warrioirs game.