The latest rumour...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Ellie from the Block!

The latest rumour...

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

On teletext there is a story stating that Ellery Hanley is ready to make a comeback to WIgan on the coaching staff and even questioning whether Raper is to stay after this season.
It's probably just the old rumours circulating...but what do you all think about that?????
redhead

Re: The latest rumour...

Post by redhead »

Although i have much respect for the bloke i hope he doesnt replace Raper as i think hes doing a pretty good job at Wigan...we are i think sometimes a bit tough on coaches when we dont win simply because we are so use to the high standards of Lowe and Monie but we have to remember teams have also changed over the past years and it isnt always the fault of coaches not fitting in or not leading well.
the little walnut
warriorjon

Re: Re: The latest rumour...

Post by warriorjon »

Quite simply this cannot happen! I think it would be disasterous. If it were a case of Raper choosing to go then it would be out of our hands but it is suggested if we do not win S.L. then he will be sacked and Hanley brought in, there are so many reasons why this would be a ludicrous move. Raper has only half done the job he set out to do and is going about it very well at the moment, the club needs stability we have seen what chopping and changing coaches had on the team. Although i have the greatest respect for Ellery Hanley as both a player and a coach i dont think it would be a realistic proposition for him to come straight back into R.L. as the coach of a big club like Wigan after being away from the game for so long it may only have been a few years but the game advances so much every season he cant possibly up to speed. I think it more likely that he would come in under Raper with the view to one day becoming the first team coach a move which i would welcome as the standards he demands could only be beneficial to the team.
Dorsey

The latest rumour....

Post by Dorsey »

Just three words

NO NO NO!
Deltic3

Re: The latest rumour....

Post by Deltic3 »

We have already had one stains cast off in eric hughes and look what happened there!!
Deltic3

Re: Re: Re: The latest rumour....

Post by Deltic3 »

What about Andy Goodway?
wiganrugbynut

Re: Re: Re: The latest rumour....

Post by wiganrugbynut »

Eric Hughes.
Didn't he find a P45 slapped on his car windscreen outside Central Park one day?