Danny Ward :(

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Danny Ward :(

Post by cpwigan »

According to the wigan Observer, Paul King has been offered a better deal by Hull and is now likely to stay. However, we will now sign Danny Ward or should that be Danny I knock on and concede penalties Ward :angry:
medlocke

Re: Danny Ward :(

Post by medlocke »

So Lockers now has somebody to compete with in the penalty stakes :wink:
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

cpwigan posted:
According to the wigan Observer, Paul King has been offered a better deal by Hull and is now likely to stay. However, we will now sign Danny Ward or should that be Danny I knock on and concede penalties Ward :angry:
Anyone but Danny Ward please! I would rather have kept Scully than bring Ward in! Does anyone else get the feeling that we are picking up the contracts which are simply 'left' at the end that no one wants! Almost like the bargin basket in a shop! Danny Ward, Millard and Withers! Come on, non of these are good signings! I realise people will harp on about the cap, but just look at the players that have gone, and the amount of decent contracts we have released already! If you look at the the players released against the players brought in over the last three years, i would imagine is something like a ratio of 3 to 1!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan posted:
According to the wigan Observer, Paul King has been offered a better deal by Hull and is now likely to stay.
King never wanted to leave. If you search for press statements from him about this he goes on and on about being a Hull lad and not wanting to play for anyone else so I wasn't convinced he'd be coming here with the best motivation.

It only became a possibility when Hull only offered him a one year deal and if they have improved it given his stated desire to stay at Hull its probably best all round if he does stay there.

Dave
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

I guess I'm in the minority then, I've always thought Ward was reliable and solid, always a much better player than Bailey at Leeds. Time will tell I guess, sould he sign for us of course.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Martin I could not agree more. None has a long term future particularly Withers / Millard. I would rather take a punt on an up n comer.

Ward. I thought he did okay for Leeds Chris BUT for Cas he knocked on so so many times and from straight up drives. It was not like he was doing anything special or complicated.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

We only see a handfull of games on Sky, the Cas fans seemed very happy with him.

I was impressed with him at Leeds, and I think he is still plenty young enough to find that form again.

If one season made a player, people would not be crying about Danny Orr. He would have been gone long before he found the form he found at the end of last season.
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

I get the impression with this that we have so little room for manouver under that cap we are like a promoted side, scraping around for cheap players to fill our squad. we have too much of the cap going to too few players, we all know the names, but it amazes me that only Mo ever blames the cap, we let godwin go to ull who doubled his salery, but have signed craig wing???? Mo needs a better calulator i suspect (unless of course he has some good signings to announce in which case i appologise :blush: )
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I understand Mo to be wanting DV to accept offers from other clubs to free up room on the salary cap, he's already rejected one from Salford. Danny Ward looked like a very solid player at Leeds when they had a good season, if hes playing in a good team i think he'll do well. Being under nobby could greatly improve his game! I would of preferred King, but he probably only listened to talks from us to boost his contract chances at Hull, its clear he never wanted to leave! I always thought Nobby was one for his big props, but its seeming we're only going to get one prop addition unless there are any surprises; with o'carrol and prescott helping out.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
JIMH

Post by JIMH »

Lazy J posted:
I get the impression with this that we have so little room for manouver under that cap we are like a promoted side, scraping around for cheap players to fill our squad. we have too much of the cap going to too few players, we all know the names, but it amazes me that only Mo ever blames the cap, we let godwin go to ull who doubled his salery, but have signed craig wing???? Mo needs a better calulator i suspect (unless of course he has some good signings to announce in which case i appologise :blush: )

Hull have signed craig wing??????
When did this happen??
holy poo!! that man is awesome!!!!!
WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!