withers millard and leuluai confirmed

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jollygiant

withers millard and leuluai confirmed

Post by jollygiant »

in tonights observer
Mike
Site Admin

Re: withers millard and leulua...

Post by Mike »

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
DaveO

Re: withers millard and leulua...

Post by DaveO »

It is on the official site now as well.

Lulu for 3 years but get this, Witherrs and Millard for TWO YEARS.

So much for these players being a stop gap. Lose Godwin and sign Millard for two years. What a complete joke.

This also means if we use our overseas quota of three to the full at we will have least NINE players who do not qualify for GB for the next two years.

The three Aussies (assuming we get one to replace Fletch or he does another year)
Hansen, Feka, Richards, Lulu, Millard and Withers.

For 2007 it makes 10 with DV on board.

Wigan are the new Wakefield.

Dave
cpwigan

Re: withers millard and le...

Post by cpwigan »

Jesus Crest 2 years for them :o Have we learned nothing from the DV / Richards fiascos
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

cpwigan posted:
Jesus Crest 2 years for them :o Have we learned nothing from the DV / Richards fiascos
But neither will be on anything like that amount of money, and neither count on the quota.

I still regard them as stop-gaps.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Have to say that I am surprised that we are giving Withers and Millard two year contracts. I would have thought that 1 year contracts with an option would have made far more sense - that is of course unless we have got them for peanuts - something that seems unlikely.

LeuLeui is also a worry - he has had too many injury problems for us to be able to rely on him as our only scrum half.

I think that DaveO is right when he says that we have too many foreign players in our side - and considering we have shipped out 2 British players to replace with them potentially inferior quality foreign imports that is indeed something to worry about for the future.

Whilst I don't think that we will be as bad as Wakefield currently are, we are certainly as bad as Bradford etc.

My main concern is how thin the squad is in places. We are lacking props and halves whilst having an abundance of centres and 2nd Rows - surely that can't be a good idea?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

cpwigan posted:
At least Withers is proven in SL, Dave V wasn't.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

cpwigan posted:
The difference between these signings and DV & Richards is that both DV and Richards we brought in as top quality NRL imports. Withers and Millard have been brought in as stop gaps to add experience to the side.

Whilst I am not the biggest fan of either of them - I think that they will certainly out perform and offer better value for money than the money black hole that is DV.

That's not saying a lot though...
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Matthew posted:
Whilst I don't think that we will be as bad as Wakefield currently are, we are certainly as bad as Bradford etc.
I think you will find we are worse than Wakefield now as far as overseas players goes. Wakefield have according to the BBC just completed their 11th British signing this year!

In fact as far as overseas players goes I am pretty sure we will be the worst in the league.
My main concern is how thin the squad is in places. We are lacking props and halves whilst having an abundance of centres and 2nd Rows - surely that can't be a good idea?
This is my concern as well and why I am convinced Withers wages are better spent elsewhere.

Dave
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

I was ok until I read this on the BBC!
Withers, who made 170 appearances for the Bulls, teams up again with his former boss Noble and is expected to take over the full-back role from youngster Chris Ashton.

But then again, it is the BBC :conf:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered