general rl

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
right cross

general rl

Post by right cross »

i have just read in the post that mr McRAE is probebly going to take over as GB boss.does anybody else think like this? how can we employ a Australian coach to coach Great Britain to beat Australia. thats like Germany asking sir winston churchill to come and help them beat Britain in the second world war,or am i totally wrong in thinking this way .is there any other views on this.
right cross

Re: general rl

Post by right cross »

sorry about the subject :blush: but its my first message ,i think mr binder will quite proud of me :) :) :)
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Do not worry, you make more sense than Mike B :D

I agree to be honest. Ideally we should have a British coach. However, if Wayne Bennett was available I would not hesitate for example. Mcrae to my mind is not the answer. You need a successful NRL coach if your going to take an Aussie.
right cross

Post by right cross »

i will see mike in the morning, danny and my lad theo have a team to batter in warrington. so he always gets plenty stick.by the way was you the guy who past him a rugby cd in sommerfield just before xmas
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

right cross posted:
by the way was you the guy who past him a rugby cd in sommerfield just before xmas
Are you a privte investigator?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I was indeed :)
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

right cross posted:
i have just read in the post that mr McRAE is probebly going to take over as GB boss.does anybody else think like this?
Because even McRae stands more chance than the only other alternative we know is interested which is Gary Schofield.

You have a choice. Schofield who is British or McRae the Aussie.

If those are the only two candidates then its G'day Sean as far as I am concerned.

Dave
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I do not think I have ever seen a player destroy his reputation post his playing days quite like FAT Gray Schofield has done.
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

Whats Phil Larder doing these days i would rather see him involved than i am kidding myself McRae or bigmouth.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

DaveO posted:
right cross posted:
i have just read in the post that mr McRAE is probebly going to take over as GB boss.does anybody else think like this?
Because even McRae stands more chance than the only other alternative we know is interested which is Gary Schofield.

You have a choice. Schofield who is British or McRae the Aussie.

If those are the only two candidates then its G'day Sean as far as I am concerned.

Dave
Come on dave - its a no lose situation. If we give Schofield the job and he succeeds (no chance!) we've got a more sucessful GB/England side playing "in the Biritsh style" and if he fails (of course he would) we can't be any worse than we are now and Schofield would have to finally shut up.

Give him enough rope!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐