FANS BEHAVIOR IN FRANCE

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
FROM A TO B

FANS BEHAVIOR IN FRANCE

Post by FROM A TO B »

I've spoken too / had texts from mates who were at the game yesterday. Not impressed with the behavior of some of the so called Wigan fans. Abusing the French supporters and even some of our own. "I've come all this way and I'm not ******* moving" etc...
Maybe too much duty free and maybe only a small minority. Any one else have any problems, or was it as I hope, as very small minority of idiots? :(
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
browns_babe06

Re: FANS BEHAVIOR IN FRANCE

Post by browns_babe06 »

the minority of so called fams who had too much french wine nad beer

will get whole club a bad name
Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

I went, didn't see anything untoward happening with our fans and I don’t partake in the evil drink so was sober. Have to say the French weren’t exactly welcoming though but maybe I just met the wrong ones.
Yes I Ate All The Pies !!!!
GGCSENSECT

Post by GGCSENSECT »

If you'd been at the game and experienced the incessant "monsoon" type of rain you would excuse any slight annoyance at being asked to move. I stood in it throughout, was soaked to the skin and heard nothing untoward from either set of fans.
mikeyt

Post by mikeyt »

If there was any trouble with the crowd it was because of the power hungry stewards in the ground, firstly telling all fans to get in one stand and then telling people to move once others started coming in. I agree if you had a seat number you should sit in it but the stewards caused the most annoyance IMO.
ancientnloyal

Re: FANS BEHAVIOR IN FRANC...

Post by ancientnloyal »

I think I know the guys in question.

They were 3 bald headed guys who started drinking on the flight to Perpignan and continued at every bar in the city centre. When we got into the stadium they were firstly refused to be let in ebcause of a lost ticket or something along those lines. Then me and Danielle2006 (lol) got to our seats and they followed with beer in hand.

Plastered, one guy made a racist comment to a french kid sat on the row behind me along the lines of 'my missus will love to have you lad' (skin colour) and referred to him as 'black'... then he moved backwards and fell down 3 rows of seating.

Those three then were moved from the stand to god knows where and I think he said he was in a fight after the match.

They were all asleep in the departure lounge and all the way home, thank god. we met some other wigan fans, a woman and her daughter who had a similar experience to us throughout the day and they were 'scared' that thy would have to sit beside them on the way home, if that happened.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
W1GANER

Post by W1GANER »

I got back yesterday and was ashamed to be a Wiganer for some of the time over there.
The 3 bald men were a drunk idiots who would have fitted in more at a italian football match. In the irish bar on Friday night and in the back room a load of Wigan fans sing no "surrender to the IRA" and stealing Barrels from the place. On our way out the police were just rolling up.
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

Shame.....think many maybe had too much Ale! :conf:
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

W1GANER posted:
On our way out the police were just rolling up.
It would have served these guys right if the police had been a bit quicker, you don't argue with les Gendarmes. They're all armed, and have absolutely no sense of humour at all when they are working. When I lived there I used to get a bit of aggro off them just for looking a bit different, not for misbehaving. The fact I was of the age for doing military service but obviously not doing military service seemed to be their excuse for pestering me to see my ID all the time. I'm sure I suffered more "stop-and-search" checks than anyone else during the time I was there.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Bear

Post by Bear »

i bet that would have been an experiance :lol: :lol:
legends
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!