Average home attendance

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
cpwigan

Average home attendance

Post by cpwigan »

Currently stands at 17,280 with Saints next :)
- psycho -

Re: Average home attendance

Post by - psycho - »

up yours latics :lol:
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
Little Miss

Post by Little Miss »

27 days to go!

Don't get me excited yet!

:lol:
The good looking one!
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

cpwigan posted:
Currently stands at 17,280 with Saints next :)
Oh no, i can see i am a flippin cockoo piggybacking this thread to drop post after post of lies. :(
Bert's Medal

Re: Average home attendanc...

Post by Bert's Medal »

A fantastic achievement - quite a few pay on the night supporters decided to do a one match boycott of the Harlequins match in protest after the HKR debacle.

If we can get a decent winning run together, it will be interesting to see what our attendances could reach :D
im_a_cuckoo

Post by im_a_cuckoo »

To avoid embaraassment, it's best not to calculate average attendances so early in the season, especially when you've had one freakishly high one (thanks to the 5,000 visitors from Warrington).

For the record, the last two home attendances were higher than two of Latics' home games this season (Reading and Blackburn). Well done - you're closing the gap.

- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

cockoo, you couldnt fill your stadium when you were playing manchester united. half your 'fans', that's right 'fans' don't go to watch your tripe on show. they go for the henrys and the rooneys etc.

im_a_cuckoo

Post by im_a_cuckoo »

The 22,000 crowds against Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool this season were 4,000 higher than any the Warriors had on last season.

The average of 20,000+ was 6,000 higher than any in Wigan RL's history.

Now, you may well be right, that people want to come and see stars like Henry, Rooney etc. At least there are some household names in fooball. Is there anyone inthe whole of rugby league hat would be recognised outside of the M62 corridor and parts of Australia? I think I'd probably recognise Farrel, but only since he started playing a non-minority sport.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

im_a_cuckoo posted:
The 22,000 crowds against Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool this season were 4,000 higher than any the Warriors had on last season.

The average of 20,000+ was 6,000 higher than any in Wigan RL's history.

Now, you may well be right, that people want to come and see stars like Henry, Rooney etc. At least there are some household names in fooball. Is there anyone inthe whole of rugby league hat would be recognised outside of the M62 corridor and parts of Australia? I think I'd probably recognise Farrel, but only since he started playing a non-minority sport.
But Cuckoo 8,000 to 10,000 were visiting supporters. Thats embarising for supposedly the national sport.

If you cant sell out to the Mancs and Scousers it just shows how little support there is for football in Wigan.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

football is a much advertised sport. so please tell me, why did you only manage 22 k agaisnt top of the league, second in the league and third in the league? pathetic. can't even fill your so call 'football stadium' against the best in the country. GLORY FANS. the fact our attendances rose last season when we were losing and bottom of the league says we have supporters for life. once you are in championship you will soon be forgotten. i was there about 5 years ago when you were pulling in about 10,000 - 12,000 a match. oh how the gates rocketed when you made the big time. GLORY HUNTERS.