warriors music

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warrior

warriors music

Post by warrior »

hi all
can anyone tell me what the piece of music is that the players come out to. cheers
pie8er4eva
kevind

Re: warriors music

Post by kevind »

The one the team came out to on Friday night, not been used for a while, is "CONQUEST OF PARADISE" by Vangelis and from the film 1492 (about Christopher Columbus). Anumber of people have this music as a ring tone as it used to be advertised in the programme.
iago

Post by iago »

Always gets me going.
Great to hear it again on Friday.
A real spine tingler.
Deltic3

Post by Deltic3 »

On the subject of Friday night - i likeed the little story before the game!!

The only thing that was missing was for Clinton Baptiste to come out and get the word "NONCE"
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

iago posted:
Always gets me going.
Great to hear it again on Friday.
A real spine tingler.
I was also glad to hear it again. I've got the film soundtrack on CD, usually I make a point of blasting it out in the car on the way to the game. I avoid the club's pre-match stuff but playing that music is my personal pre-match ritual!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
iago

Post by iago »

Yeah, me too.
I try and time it so it ends just as I park the car.
I've also heard snippets of it at other grounds too - Headingly a couple of weeks ago I think.
Dorsey

Post by Dorsey »

Its a great piece of music, really makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up and it sounds great when they turn the volume up and blast it out just as the players come on the field. They stopped playing it for a bit as they said the players preferred something else the title of which escapes me right now.
Brian Edgar

Post by Brian Edgar »

The story on Friday that summarised our season was a great idea although I was surprised that no mention was made of the 84 year old streaker who blazed a trail accross the turf at the Widnes game.

Do we really have to listen to 'Do wah-diddy, diddy dum diddy do' every time a goal is kicked? For Gods sake, how shite is that song?

How's about 'take me home country road' every time we score a try? Every other club has an adopted song. Given that we've adapted that song to our own particular use it seems logical to give it some airing.

Ellie from the Block!

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

I think the story thing was a great idea, but it rambled on a little.

Anyway....please oh lord don't play take me home after each goal or I will be going home - to shoot myself in the head!

The music was kind of good when the tale of the season was being told....but we need something with a little kick to it when the players are coming out onto the pitch to get the crowd going...I don't want to feel like I should be back in the cinema watching Gladiator. I am not sure what, but I think we need some younger blood at the JJB before we are subjected to the Bay City Rollers or something as awful as that (but thinking of it, that "Bye Bye Baby" song would be good when a player is sent off!)

We need a song that when you hear it you think of Wigan instantly. Like I hear those Saints adverts on WISH and every time I hear "We Will Rock You", now I think of Saints.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....I will think about this one.