AAARGHHHH

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
butt monkey

AAARGHHHH

Post by butt monkey »

Sorry, but I cannot take all this sour-grape/boy done good Chris Ashton talk on the other pages.

So I put a thread on here to say thank goodness there weren't so many computers around and definitely no Internet, when the legend that was Ronnie Braithwaite left the club, what a surfeit of fuss there would have been then!
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
gillysmyhero

Re: AAARGHHHH

Post by gillysmyhero »

Never mind Rocket Ronnie what about when Andre Stoop left wigan,now that was a dark day.This site would have crashed with everyone trying to express their sorrow at loosing such a legend (joking apart he was'nt that bad a F/B)
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Doc Murray anyone?

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The brief cameo period by Ronnie in the first team when we started being successful was one of the best periods for me as a spectator. Nobody ever brought such a reaction from the crowd. :)

Even Jinkin Jimmy Fairhurst became a folk hero during the same period. Whereas Gary Henley Smith did not :lol:
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Yeah, didn't Ronnie pick up a career finishing injury shortly afterwards? :sad:

or am I thinking of Denis Ramsdale

There are loads of players, who, like extras in a movie, all played their part (no matter how small) in the most glorious and unparalleled levels of success achieved by any club.

Cliff Berry?

What I am trying to say to all those ranting about Chris Ashton, is that perhaps he was never destined for a long career at the club, but a fleeting one. One that in time will be adjusted in the hall of memories (both good and bad - sometimes comical) (Remember Botica tripping over his own bootlaces as he prepared for a goal-kick at Burnden Park in a Challenge Cup Semi!!!!)

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Dennis Ramsdale I think BM. Kept getting concussed as I recall. Not a bad player either.