FANS BEHAVIOR IN FRANCE

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robjoenz

Re: FANS BEHAVIOR IN FRANC...

Post by robjoenz »

I remember seeing these idiots walking through Perpignan. One of them had a Wigan tie around his neck (looked very out of place). As he walked past a bar he took a French ladies belt off her as she walked by, his friend very apologetically got it back from him and returned it.

I didn't see any actual trouble in the stands, however, I think if there was any it was due to the fact that not everyone under the sheltered stand had a ticket for that stand. When I got to my seat I was told, by the lad stood on it, that it wasn't reserved. I told him that it said it was on the ticket and he said that it wasn't because it was raining. I can't post what I responded with but he moved out of my seat!
chnwh

Post by chnwh »

Didn't see any trouble as such, just people having a good time.

Ok sometimes you get rowdy after 12 hours on the beer, but I didn't see anything that wasn't in jest.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

chnwh posted:
Ok sometimes you get rowdy after 12 hours on the beer, but I didn't see anything that wasn't in jest.
The problem is that it often isn't seen as jest by people who haven't been on the drink for 12 hours or those who see it as their country being invaded by idiots.