Average home attendance

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
oldtimer

Re: Average home attendanc...

Post by oldtimer »

considering how both clubs boast of thier average gates,is any one willing to have a wager on who will have best average[please put your money where your mouth is] :D
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

im_a_cuckoo posted:
Showing your indifference yet again.
Corrected your typo for you
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

im_a_cuckoo posted:
The arrogance of a post that says, 'What have you ever done that's memorable?' is beyond belief. The story of a team that has risen from the Lancashire Combination and Cheshire Country Leagues, through alll four divisions to a top ten finish in the Premiership is unprecendented in British sport. As recently as 1993, the club was facing bankruptcy with an average attendance of 1,843; last season they averaged over 20,000. I could also mention winning the Auto-Windscreen Shield at Wembley, the Carling Cup final and the Third and Second division Championships. What exactly have Warriors done in that time besides watching Bradford, Saints and Leeds come to overshadow you?
I think if Bill Gates took over Lancaster City FC tomorrow, within 10 years they will be in the Premiership due to MONEY, people will defect from Morecambe etc...

The only reason the latics have risen to the top is because of Whelans money, as if the gate receipts and merchandising could elevate Wigan A to the premiership alone. Any club with a rich chairman worth millions is bound to rise to the top pretty rapidly, look at Fulham, Reading and Chelsea.

On the other hand, the Wigan Warriors pre-Whelan were able to afford world record transfer fees for top players (yes I know we were nearly bankrupt also but...) we still had success.

you Moose!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

im_a_cuckoo posted:
The loyalty of Wigan rugby supporters in a nutshell. First time they get relegated (1980-81), average attendance - 4,744. Latics' attendance that season (in league divison four) - 6,701.

Wigan RL's highest ever average, including period as all-conquerung 'world' champions - 14,680.

i'm afraid you'll be waiting along time for that 20,000 average, my friend.
loyal supporters we are. just look how much your gates have dropped this season now that the novalty of watching pathetic athletic has worn off. we were bottom with rising gates! that's an achievement.

also to mention loyalty. i remember a season you had in division 2 and you did finish to far above relegation positions, that season your average dropped to 5,771 from 6,774, yet you have the gaul to call us unloyal? it will be interestign to see your average come the end of the season because i can guarantee it wont be as high. ive seen your televised matches and it is an absolute shocker that you fail to fill the jjb when you are playing united and the rest at the top.

this year we made record season ticket saless and over the past 3 or 4 years, our attendances have began to increase. yours only hit 20,000 when you reached the big boys league, of which i hope you arent in for much longer. you say we moan at refs! paul jewell could win an oscar some of the performances he puts in!

"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
im_a_cuckoo

Post by im_a_cuckoo »

The jealousy coming off these posts is palpable.

So a millionaire chairman is all you need to make it into the Prem? It didn't do Darlington or Oxford much good. Other rich man's playthings currently steadfastly avoiding the Premier League include Wolves, Birmingham, Leeds, Cardiff, Southampton... I could go on.

In football terms, Latics spent next to nothing in their ascent through the divisions. Especially when you factor in the tens of miillions they received for Roy Carroll, Nathan Ellington, Jimmy Bullard and Pascal Chimbonda. Like I said, another season and they'll be debt-free.

Wigan RL's success in the 80s was built on big-name foreign imports. They were the only club at the time who could afford to be full-time - hardly a level playing field! And I don't hear many of you saying 'No thanks Mr Whelan; we don't want your dirty money' now that he's bailing Warriors out.
wiganstripleL

Post by wiganstripleL »

why the hell are we jealous of you retards? p**s off back to your own board you stone island wanabee! latics fans are a disgrace where was you before you got into the prem? where have they all gone this season?why cant you fill the stadium you rent off us aginst the biggest club in england?you have the cheek to call our support we have one of the loyalist set of fans in super league you muppet our attendences have increased evry season when we have been winning nothing and last season more fans came back when we was at the bottom of superleague.i wonder what will happen to your crowds when you get relegated??
im_a_cuckoo

Post by im_a_cuckoo »

Cant you fill the stadium you rent off us
Someone else who needs a history lesson. This off rlfans.com. I've bolded up the pertinent bits for you.

At the same time Dave Whelan unveiled plans to build a new 25,000 seater stadium for Wigan Athletic at Robin Park but he refused to open ground share negotiations with the Wigan board after the collapse of his Central Park rescue package earlier this year.

On 20th May Wigan shareholders held the EGM and Jack Robinson survived, for now. Robinson won a vote of confidence 484 to 400 while fellow board member, Rathbone held on by 489 to 407. So Robinson was still chairman but Wigan were still homeless. The wrangling was far from over.

June 1997 saw the Wigan team embark on month long trip down under for the World Club Challenge. The trip had quietened the ground move saga but as they returned Jack Robinson faced a new vote of confidence from the shareholders. A newspaper reported that an associate gathered proxy votes for the original EGM in May by fraudulent methods. The paper claimed someone was instructed to fill in forms for shareholders who were believed to have died so they could be used as votes in favour of the two Wigan directors. Robinson reacted by saying "(The claims) are totally untruthful. This is just part of a smear campaign which has been going on by a certain group of people who want me out of the club."

On August 19th 1997 Jack Robinson and Tom Rathbone resigned from the Wigan board. Then Wigan Coach Eric Hughes revealed that the pair had their homes damaged and their lives threatened. Following the resignations the Rugby Football League's financial department were called in by the club to investigate its cash flow position. Arthur Thomas was the only remaining board member left so it was he who became temporary chairman. With Robinson gone John Martin, who earlier had resigned from the board, offered to ease the club's financial problems with a 750,000 interest free loan. But the offer was conditional on the Warriors staying in Wigan and rejecting a temporary move to Bolton. He made the offer to bide the club time to negotiate a deal to move to proposed Robin Park stadium with Wigan Athletic on a permanent basis."

It was finally announced on October 29th 1997 that Wigan would not be moving to the Reebok Stadium. Mike Nolan, who owned finance and car leasing businesses in Wigan, took over as chairman of the club from Arthur Thomas. He was joined on the board by John Martin who returned after his row with the old regime. Tesco agreed to let the Warriors stay on at Central Park until the end of 1999, when they would then join up with Wigan Athletic at their new stadium which was about to be built at Robin Park.

Oh, and you never filled it once last season. The stadium record attendance is for football. Capacity crowds last year against Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City.
[/b]
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

I watched latics in non league and in the lower leagues when I was a kid and also the rugby I just went to the rugby more finally, this was not because of success but the season they went down sealed my love for my club .

I continued to watch for latics results and wanted to see them do well ,you probably love your club but they are playing a different game ,one that in my opinion as been spoiled by over protective rules(too much physical contact as been removed )it is only because of people who talk (post) like you are doing that I now have not got an interest in the club that bears the name of the town I love .

Is Wigan Red or Blue ? Well in the great scheme of things it's not important if you are rugby it's red and if football blue.

If you put them up against each other you may as well count Leigh in on the red side with Man U and liverpool and you can have everton and City on your side these clubs together probably have as many fans in the borough as both of us put together does this mean maybe the towns still red ,get my drift ,now how far do we need to go the arguments petty and daft.

Some fans come and go you will have fans who have seen latics come up and you will have new fans same with us who are just glory hunter's thats life if we went down and had no success our crowds would drop I know when we went down last time this happened and it would happen to you too.

Go support your team enjoy any success it doesn't last forever we know that .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

- psycho - posted:
up yours latics :lol:
Here here.

Lets have a match between the Cherry & White Players against the Latics players. Play half the game footy & half RL.
Ask all loyal suporters to turn up for the game.
The Cherry & Whites would go away laughing at the poor Latics turnout plus the 'trip & dive' squad being totally thrown all over the park.
Only joking about the game as i am not into violence of any kind.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

im_a_cuckoo posted:
The arrogance of a post that says, 'What have you ever done that's memorable?' is beyond belief. The story of a team that has risen from the Lancashire Combination and Cheshire Country Leagues, through alll four divisions to a top ten finish in the Premiership is unprecendented in British sport. As recently as 1993, the club was facing bankruptcy with an average attendance of 1,843; last season they averaged over 20,000. I could also mention winning the Auto-Windscreen Shield at Wembley, the Carling Cup final and the Third and Second division Championships. What exactly have Warriors done in that time besides watching Bradford, Saints and Leeds come to overshadow you?
still cant work out what they have done :conf:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME