Average home attendance

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
mike binder

Re: Average home attendanc...

Post by mike binder »

im_a_cuckoo posted:
The jealousy coming off these posts is palpable.

So a millionaire chairman is all you need to make it into the Prem? It didn't do Darlington or Oxford much good. Other rich man's playthings currently steadfastly avoiding the Premier League include Wolves, Birmingham, Leeds, Cardiff, Southampton... I could go on.

In football terms, Latics spent next to nothing in their ascent through the divisions. Especially when you factor in the tens of miillions they received for Roy Carroll, Nathan Ellington, Jimmy Bullard and Pascal Chimbonda. Like I said, another season and they'll be debt-free.

Wigan RL's success in the 80s was built on big-name foreign imports. They were the only club at the time who could afford to be full-time - hardly a level playing field! And I don't hear many of you saying 'No thanks Mr Whelan; we don't want your dirty money' now that he's bailing Warriors out.
big name foreign imports when we beat the aussies in there own back yard in the world club chaleng every player was british :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

mike binder posted:
im_a_cuckoo posted:

So a millionaire chairman is all you need to make it into the Prem? It didn't do Darlington or Oxford much good. Other rich man's playthings currently steadfastly avoiding the Premier League include Wolves, Birmingham, Leeds, Cardiff, Southampton... I could go on.

In football terms, Latics spent next to nothing in their ascent through the divisions. Especially when you factor in the tens of miillions they received for Roy Carroll, Nathan Ellington, Jimmy Bullard and Pascal Chimbonda. Like I said, another season and they'll be debt-free.

Wigan RL's success in the 80s was built on big-name foreign imports. They were the only club at the time who could afford to be full-time - hardly a level playing field! And I don't hear many of you saying 'No thanks Mr Whelan; we don't want your dirty money' now that he's bailing Warriors out.
big name foreign imports when we beat the aussies in there own back yard in the world club chaleng every player was british :lol:
You will probably have lost i am a liar on that one Mike.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Just out of interest since the JJB was built and used the average attendances for both teams are around the 10 000 mark. Rugby leads the way with around the 12000 football around the 9500.
The biggest crowd was a football game by around some 20 people The capacity was less before the start of last season being reduced for the RL games which includes sellouts for saints and internationals.

Largest average was football last season 20 000 ish rugbys best also last season 14 500 these have been rounded up roughly but since we have played badly our attendances have improved maybe we will get over 20 000 if we go down :blush:

.Before latics were in the top flight their average was around 8000 the best year being top flight promotion season when it went up to around the 11000ish

This as in my previous post shows 10 too 12 000 glory hunters now some may stick with Latics for life only time will tell.

This shows that some people will only watch either a winning team or in the case of latics first season emperors new clothes as that average as now dropped off leading to reduced prices to get crowds against less lets say popular football teams.

Take what you want from these figures me because of my bias would say if you take last season away then without the glory hunters we have done quite well in a football union dominated media and in footballs case country . :doz:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
wiganstripleL

Post by wiganstripleL »

i find it amazing that these latics fans so call "hate wigan rugby ect" but find the time to register on a rugby forum!what a bunch of b*llends they really are!!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

im_a_cuckoo posted:
Cant you fill the stadium you rent off us
Someone else who needs a history lesson. This off rlfans.com. I've bolded up the pertinent bits for you.
Funny how you found time to repost this rubbish whilst ignoring all the rsponses when you posted it on the other thread on virtually the same topic. It's not your stadium. It's not our stadium. It's DW's stadium and irrespective of the fact that before he took over WRLFC he wanted a football stadium, the simple fact is that today, 2007, the stadium is for use by both teams equally.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

im_a_cuckoo posted:

Leeds - Went bust as they tried to mix it with the big boys of europe. At least the tried. They know where Europe is Latics fans havent even been to Wales to play yet never mind Madrid.

Birmingham - Will be back next season the way things are going a lot stronger than previous season. Better foundation than they had in terms of a side.

Wolves - You are the dumbest person ive seen on here (Sorry Mike had to be said) They are now second favourites to go up next season won the last 6. Sunderland are now the favourites

Southampton - Been in the higher division longer than most but financially can not compete with men with real money. Lowe rich he might be but he does not have the income to compete with the bigger sides.

Cardiff - They have had a millionare running the club for 18 months as they were in financial debt just before then. As things go they might make the play offs and could go up. Though i fancy Birmingham to do this with Wolves and Sunderland going straight up.

Darlington as Southampton have money but not big money.

Oxford went down due to a certain paper magnet going for a swim and not coming back.

Face it your a second rate club in the premiership with no hope of challenging for Europe. Youll never win a trophy and no big name player wants to go to your club. We sign big name players Barrett , Fielden, Lam, Johns.

You get Heskey.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

thegimble posted:
im_a_cuckoo posted:

quote]

Did anyone see Tony Blair on his minesterial visit to Wigan yesterday. Dave Whelan apparently took him for a tour of the JJB stadium & store.
Whilst in the store Mr blair commented about the number of blue & white shirts ,so cheap, for sale, and that his next policy was to find the cheapest method of putting shirts on the backs of refugee's coming in from Romania. Dave Whelan advised Mr blair not to purchase them now, as by the end of the football season, all the shirts would still be there, and by then he would be giving them away.
Next season, if you are sitting next to a non English speaking bloke with a freebie Latic's shirt, please take pitty on him, as like the rest of Europe, they have never heard of Wigan Athletic, and possibly also Preston North End, Norwich City, West Bromwich Albion etc. Tony Blair did comment by saying that he had heard of Wigan Athletic, as his son was a Liverpool fan, and that they had both visited the JJB on 2nd December to see the 4-0 'in defeat' battle put up by the Latic's.
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

why has no one taken me up on the bet i offered re highest gates[average],if any one wants a bet[minimumum £1000 maximum anything]any takers? :D
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

oldtimer posted:
why has no one taken me up on the bet i offered re highest gates[average]?
Because I didn't think most of us were really trying to compare Warriors with Latics so it's a bit of a pointless bet, unless you can count how many people within those attendances are "home" fans as opposed to "away" fans and neutrals. Latics will have a higher average crowd than Warriors this season, as they did last year, simply because Premiership soccer pulls in more people than Superleague. Whether the Latics fans within the Latics crowds make up a higher average than Warriors fans within the Warriors crowds would be a more interesting statistic, but one that is very difficult to determine. One could also compare the Latics average to the Premiership average, and Warriors average to the SL average, which will show Warriors in a better light than Latics but again the numbers are a bit meaningless because Latics cannot achieve crowds of 70,000 as some of their fellow teams can achieve, whereas Warriors can match any team in SL for maximum potential crowd.

If people were bored enough I'm sure they could recite lots of numbers to show anything they wanted, but none of it really allows us to compare the two teams on a like-with-like basis.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
popularmon

Post by popularmon »

Fraggle posted:
oldtimer posted:
why has no one taken me up on the bet i offered re highest gates[average]?
Because I didn't think most of us were really trying to compare Warriors with Latics so it's a bit of a pointless bet, unless you can count how many people within those attendances are "home" fans as opposed to "away" fans and neutrals. Latics will have a higher average crowd than Warriors this season, as they did last year, simply because Premiership soccer pulls in more people than Superleague. Whether the Latics fans within the Latics crowds make up a higher average than Warriors fans within the Warriors crowds would be a more interesting statistic, but one that is very difficult to determine. One could also compare the Latics average to the Premiership average, and Warriors average to the SL average, which will show Warriors in a better light than Latics but again the numbers are a bit meaningless because Latics cannot achieve crowds of 70,000 as some of their fellow teams can achieve, whereas Warriors can match any team in SL for maximum potential crowd.

If people were bored enough I'm sure they could recite lots of numbers to show anything they wanted, but none of it really allows us to compare the two teams on a like-with-like basis.
I`m not really into bashing Laticsas I feel for the club and players, its just the moronic fans I can`t stand.
Anyway back to the topic.
Who`d of thought it 2 years ago when latics got promotion to the PROMISED LAND` that it now costs less to watch some premership clubs at the JJB than for me to go and see the likes of Catalans, Wakefield and Hull KR.

REVISED PRICING POLICY IN FULL FOR WAFC REMAINING FIXTURES

Date Match Adult Price Conc Price

3 February PORTSMOUTH £15.00 £10.00
25 February NEWCASTLE £20.00 £15.00
17 March FULHAM £15.00 £10.00
7 April BOLTON WANDERERS £20.00 £15.00
14 April TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR £20.00 £15.00
28 April WEST HAM UNITED £15.00 £10.00
5 May MIDDLESBROUGH £15.00 £10.00

Added to that the quid a kid promotion for the Charlton game, bring a mate for a fiver for the Villa game and to top it all off FREE YES FREE tickets for any WRLFC season ticket holder (something that really gripes with the MAJORITY of Latics men) for the Watford game.

Some great ammo for all Wigan rubgy fans who have the same kind of workmates i have!!!

Who`d of thought it 2 years ago when they were constantly spouting on about how the ground would be full every week, you won`t be able to get a ticket and it was the death knell for Wigan RLFC.

WHOOPS!! I forgot

£15 to watch the most expensive team in the world and current champions of the Premership Chelsea.

Who`d of thought it. It`s cheaper to watch the biggest sport in the world in the best league in the world than to watch a dying minorty sport that`s played in only 2 counties in the country .
Who`d of thought it.

You`d have to be some kind of muppet to try and compare football attendances to RL. The amount of brainwashing through the media concerning football would make most people believe that there is only one sport in the country. Front, middle and back papers are swamped with the crap. Sky sports news contains 50 mins of regurgitated football news every hour. Compare that to the WEP and 5 mins of highlights of the weekend game son Sky sports news.