Nobby orders extra training

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
consigliere

Re: Nobby orders extra tra...

Post by consigliere »

I would be surprised if was for video.
they normally make up a specially edited tape and they must take a bit of putting together. I have a couple of them from under Frand and Raper and they are really interesting what they pic out to show the players.

We used to get them straight in the pool after a match when there was a short turn around between games. Though obviously not at Orrell.
www.directeta.com

THE BEST WAY TO FOLLOW WIGAN AWAY
Mrs Lifter

Post by Mrs Lifter »

I kknow for a fact that Saterday morning the lads were in the gym 20 mins then a swim then a massage.I know this because I was at the England schoolboys game against France yesterday afternoon with my fave player.

England won as well lovely afternoon sat in the sun at the Willows watching some very talented young men play their hearts out full of enthusiasm and passion.
My only dissapiontment was that although the French sang there national anthem with gusto and pride our lads did not appear to even know the words to Land Of Hope And Glory.
waterside glens

Re: Nobby orders extra trainin...

Post by waterside glens »

cpwigan posted:
My source tells me, Nobby walked in the changing room after the Saints game and told the players to sit down whereupon he gave them a real bollocking. He told them not to have a drink when they went in the bar and to be at Orrell at 8.30 pm Friday night for training.
not to many would have made it by 8.30 as i was with micky higham at 8.30and richards calderwood lu-lu and bails had just left the jjb
Likely_Lad

Post by Likely_Lad »

Extra training is usually done to discipline rather than improve on their msitakes. Probably a good idea really as their discipline and determination was sadly was off the mark on friday.
The poster formerly knows as Wizard_Millward.

I wasn't as fit or strong as before but my two biggest muscles still worked - my heart and my head - Kris Radlinski.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Mrs Lifter posted:
I kknow for a fact that Saterday morning the lads were in the gym 20 mins then a swim then a massage.I know this because I was at the England schoolboys game against France yesterday afternoon with my fave player.

England won as well lovely afternoon sat in the sun at the Willows watching some very talented young men play their hearts out full of enthusiasm and passion.
My only dissapiontment was that although the French sang there national anthem with gusto and pride our lads did not appear to even know the words to Land Of Hope And Glory.
Maybe because that isnt our national anthem? I dont even know the words to it. La Marseilleise (spelling) is a f***-off ass kicking anthem! I love it!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

At the Riversider's meeting on Tuesday Forshaw said that they'd be doing light training on Friday evening to try and iron out the aches and pains as early as possible. I think he said this would be swimming and massaging, so it was always the plan, win, lose or draw.
Glynola

Post by Glynola »

Nice to be back Mike :cool: Finally giving up on the rlfans board and have returned in search of some reasonable debate and opinions. Here's hoping!
Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire!
turf

Post by turf »

I'll tell you what, I'll bet there was some groans of pain amongst the players when they were doing the light training after the bashing they all took to their bodies on Good Friday.

I bet every single one of the players were ravaged (with pain) from head to toe.

Imagine how sore they were trying to get out of bed on Saturday and Sunday morning.
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

turf posted:
I'll tell you what, I'll bet there was some groans of pain amongst the players when they were doing the light training after the bashing they all took to their bodies on Good Friday.

I bet every single one of the players were ravaged (with pain) from head to toe.

Imagine how sore they were trying to get out of bed on Saturday and Sunday morning.
I'm not so sure. It didn't look like too many bodies got put on the line to me.
Laura-xo

Post by Laura-xo »

waterside glens posted:
cpwigan posted:
My source tells me, Nobby walked in the changing room after the Saints game and told the players to sit down whereupon he gave them a real bollocking. He told them not to have a drink when they went in the bar and to be at Orrell at 8.30 pm Friday night for training.
not to many would have made it by 8.30 as i was with micky higham at 8.30and richards calderwood lu-lu and bails had just left the jjb
Yep was with Calders, was earlier than 8.30, and he said he wasn't going home. Didn't say he was going training but all the players were driving up through Marsh green instead of through Beach hill, so that could explain it.
Loyal Supporters

He goes to the lefttt,
He goes to the riiiightt,
Mark Calderwood,,

Richards is Superman
honestly!