terry newton

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Glynola

Re: terry newton

Post by Glynola »

3 grand final appearances in four years with Wigan. Two challenge cup finals, one challenge cup final win
Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

1 win out of 5?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Glynola

Post by Glynola »

Yes but at least his team was making finals.

Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Problem is if your looking at that succes rate for winning finals. Then what did we win when Faz took over.

Maybe Newton did bottle some finals but he was not the only one.

Or were we beaten by better sides and Newton was just unlucky.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

thegimble posted:
Problem is if your looking at that succes rate for winning finals. Then what did we win when Faz took over.

You have got a goo point there Gimble, but when he was at Leeds they won nothing IIRC, we will just have to wait and see whether the same thing is true with Bradford (not saying Newton bottled anything, but i'm sure he is either very unlucky or a jinx)
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

medlocke posted:
thegimble posted:

You have got a goo point there Gimble, but when he was at Leeds they won nothing IIRC, we will just have to wait and see whether the same thing is true with Bradford (not saying Newton bottled anything, but i'm sure he is either very unlucky or a jinx)
They won nothing at Leeds because we were better than them.

For us he was unlucky to lose in the Saints final but others we lost to the better sides.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Mrs. Leuluai posted:
right this is a long shot but my dad has his tattos dun by the same man that does gaz hocks tattos and the tatto man has sed gaz sez dat newton is coming back to wigan at the end of the season and ashton will be replaced by richie mathers !!!!
Thats our 'penalties against' up by a mile if Newton comes back. :o :o
Glynola

Post by Glynola »

Panchitta Marra posted:
Thats our 'penalties against' up by a mile if Newton comes back. :o :o
To be honest I think with the current crop this figure has reached ceiling
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

nitsua posted:
Glynola posted:
Newton should be the calibre of player we are looking to sign.

For me his discipline problems are eclipsed by my desire to see a decent hooker in the cherry and white again.
Exactly!!! Terry is without doubt the best hooker in Super League at the present time, and anyone calling him sh*te, obviously don't have any idea of rugby league.
No I am not a Stains fan, but give me Roby any day on Newton, no comparisson!!!!
This goes for his speed, ability, and of course - attitude. The OPTA statistics tell it as it is, Newton is nowhere on those rankings, and I wonder why.