Our fate was sealed last week

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robjoenz

Re: Our fate was sealed la...

Post by robjoenz »

cpwigan posted:
Rob, KC knew exactly what he was doing. I hate 3rd men coming in when a player is tackled. Experienced players know a player held is unable to relax their head and thus vulnerable. He simply went looking to make contact with Pats head with whatever he could. The part of his body was almost irrelevant.

Some players particularly those with past players in their families are knowledgable in the dark arts of yesteryear rugby.
Should have been a penalty.
Doesn't require any further action.

Watching a slow motion replay often looks bad. No-one complained until it came up on the screen. People around me were debating whether whether it was a Wigan player on the floor or a Saints player, so clearly it wasn't obvious.

Pat Richards drove the ball in... as Cunningham joined the tackle Richards started to fall. Had Cunningham entered the tackle a fraction of a second earlier he'd have contacted the chest and no-one would have said a thing.

You have to remember the speed at which things happen is much, much slower in a slow motion replay. As a human he doesn't have the reactions to pull out of the tackle at such short notice. In real time it appears as an innocuous challenge and sometimes get missed by the officials.
Brad5926

Post by Brad5926 »

am telling you now people , one thing stains came out last night to do was injur us , well thats what it seemed like from the word go,i no every body new the game was gointobe agressive and some hits flying in but stains were just takin the mic on this one
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Brad5926 posted:
am telling you now people , one thing stains came out last night to do was injur us , well thats what it seemed like from the word go,i no every body new the game was gointobe agressive and some hits flying in but stains were just takin the mic on this one
It was just an aggressive game... how many incidents were there? There was the Fielden one that sounds as though was accidental. The Cunningham one which I've commented on above and that was it. Wigan were just unlucky with injuries.
Eaststander

Post by Eaststander »

KC should not have joined in the tackle Pat was already going down with 2 players tackling him and KC went in to injury him !!!!
Then how the hell could Klown let play-on and end up giving Stains a penelty when Pat was out cold and that's why he lost the ball :conf:
The game should have been stopped when Pat was on the floor and the icident delt with and Wigan given a penalty.
If KC's shoulder is down on his elbow he needs to see a doctor!!!
WIGAN TILL I DIE
pedro

Post by pedro »

No-one said anything Rob as we were all 60 metres away and he hit him from the side so we couldnt see. Unlike Klown and his touch judges who were about 10-20 foot away.

Typical poor officiating. He even tried to even the game up in places by giving us penalties for nothing but when the game was out of reacha nd we were no threat. He is a joke and should have stayed demoted.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

pedro posted:
No-one said anything Rob as we were all 60 metres away and he hit him from the side so we couldnt see. Unlike Klown and his touch judges who were about 10-20 foot away.
At full speed, when an incident like happens it just looks like an innocuous hit, sometimes they'll look high, sometimes they'll look ok. I think Klein was actually on the blind side of it if I recall correctly. Touch judge may have had a better view but still, it's a lot easier to call it when you've seen several replays.
Typical poor officiating. He even tried to even the game up in places by giving us penalties for nothing but when the game was out of reacha nd we were no threat. He is a joke and should have stayed demoted.
I thought he officiated well... he wasn't pulling up penalties all over the place, he was letting the players play. Neither defensive line was particularly neat, he penalised the ones were players were 4 yards offside. He got the majority of the high shots. Possibly a couple of grapples he should have pulled up, particularly one by Fletcher where he grabbed a Saints player by the chin from behind.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Eaststander posted:
KC should not have joined in the tackle Pat was already going down with 2 players tackling him and KC went in to injury him !!!!
Do you know how rediculous that sounds? The third man in an uncompleted tackle will slow the resulting ruck down and thus slow down the next play. It is also another man to lock the ball up and prevent an offload.

He didn't go to injure him, he went to complete the tackle, as with hundreds of other tackles each week in SL where a third man joins the tackle. It was just unfortunate that Pat fell at the instant he did.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:wink: Rob, one person spotted it straight away and he has a witness in Nobbys Girl. My initial impression was that he caught him with his elbow because I saw him brace his arm as he went in.

Probably because I was no angel when I played any sport, I often seem to look at things such as what happens to the passer as he draws a fullback to put somebody clear. To a kicker s he kicks through and so on.
Laura-xo

Post by Laura-xo »

robjoenz posted:
pedro posted:
At full speed, when an incident like happens it just looks like an innocuous hit, sometimes they'll look high, sometimes they'll look ok. I think Klein was actually on the blind side of it if I recall correctly. Touch judge may have had a better view but still, it's a lot easier to call it when you've seen several replays.
I thought he officiated well... he wasn't pulling up penalties all over the place, he was letting the players play. Neither defensive line was particularly neat, he penalised the ones were players were 4 yards offside. He got the majority of the high shots. Possibly a couple of grapples he should have pulled up, particularly one by Fletcher where he grabbed a Saints player by the chin from behind.
Yeah and pigs can fly.
I'm sorry but you always say referees have a good game and Klein had a stinker last night.
It's a joke, i could ref better than them.

AND he never pulled saints up for offside when they were miles in front of him.
Its always one rule for wigan and one rule for all the other 11 teams and it isn't fair.
Loyal Supporters

He goes to the lefttt,
He goes to the riiiightt,
Mark Calderwood,,

Richards is Superman
honestly!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Rob, unless the rules about standing square at the POTB have changed, Mr Klein stank in that department.

What was the penalty count? I In particular offsides? I lost count of the amount of times Klein piggy backed Saints out of their half.

Tackles. Many too high. Facials on Trent became routine.

Forward pass for a try. Cunningham struggles to throw long passes backwards. Always has. I guess that would be in the referees pre match notes too :)

Anderson cried. The RFL failed every referee in rugby league. Klein bent over backwards. Deport him.