Our fate was sealed last week

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robjoenz

Re: Our fate was sealed la...

Post by robjoenz »

Laura-xo posted:
...i could ref better than them.
A lot of people say that, but then never prove it.
AND he never pulled saints up for offside when they were miles in front of him.
Its always one rule for wigan and one rule for all the other 11 teams and it isn't fair.
I'm pretty sure he did penalise Saints for offside. They weren't miles in front, they were the same as Wigan a yard at most. Anything more than that he penalised.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

cpwigan posted:
Rob, unless the rules about standing square at the POTB have changed, Mr Klein stank in that department.

What was the penalty count? I In particular offsides? I lost count of the amount of times Klein piggy backed Saints out of their half.

Tackles. Many too high. Facials on Trent became routine.

Forward pass for a try. Cunningham struggles to throw long passes backwards. Always has. I guess that would be in the referees pre match notes too :)

Anderson cried. The RFL failed every referee in rugby league. Klein bent over backwards. Deport him.
Standing square was a bit messy, some weren't square, some were marginal. How many times did they run into the marker though? Not many.

We've been over forward passes before, you're just not happy unless the ball lands at a point behind where it's thrown.

Ash piggy backing Saints out of trouble is one way of looking at it... Wigan's over keen defence not being a few yards offside is another explanation.

I know you're trying to wind me up cp re: Anderson, I'm not biting, sorry :D hehe
Laura-xo

Post by Laura-xo »

robjoenz posted:
Laura-xo posted:
...i could ref better than them.
A lot of people say that, but then never prove it.
AND he never pulled saints up for offside when they were miles in front of him.
Its always one rule for wigan and one rule for all the other 11 teams and it isn't fair.
I'm pretty sure he did penalise Saints for offside. They weren't miles in front, they were the same as Wigan a yard at most. Anything more than that he penalised.
Well, if he did penalise saints, not many people saw it.

What was that about, Fozzard never got anything said to him at all when he KO'd Fielden!

And when KC did that to Richards nothing got said there either, oh yeah it did, Staines got a penalty.

Suprise, Suprise.

Tbh i dont like Klein whatsoever, he's the worst ref in the league and i would even go as far as to say i prefer Ganson's refereeing any day to his.
Loyal Supporters

He goes to the lefttt,
He goes to the riiiightt,
Mark Calderwood,,

Richards is Superman
honestly!
turf

Post by turf »

I am surprised there wasn't a mass brawl last night with the amount of high/grapple tackles that Klein was letting go.

There was a brawl in the 21 - 21 with KK in charge and that particular brawl came about because the referee failed to penalise high shots and therefore the game ended up with a mass brawl.

The same could have happened with Mr Klein last night.
Laura-xo

Post by Laura-xo »

turf posted:
I am surprised there wasn't a mass brawl last night with the amount of high/grapple tackles that Klein was letting go.

There was a brawl in the 21 - 21 with KK in charge and that particular brawl came about because the referee failed to penalise high shots and therefore the game ended up with a mass brawl.

That would have been funny.
Gaz Hock to KO Klein!
Loyal Supporters

He goes to the lefttt,
He goes to the riiiightt,
Mark Calderwood,,

Richards is Superman
honestly!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

turf posted:
...but by the fact that it didn't must mean he controlled it then, hey turf :wink:
turf

Post by turf »

robjoenz posted:
but by the fact that it didn't must mean he controlled it then, hey turf :wink:
Yeah - JUST.

The only thing that didn't go wrong for Klein last night was that it didn't boil over, and whilst I may get lsated on here now for saying this, but I change my mind and say he had a better game (watching on SKY) than I originally thought.

Ok he could have (maybe should have) sent KC off the field but that is debatable, ok he chalked a controversial try off for Colbon instead of going to the VR and he let a few high/grapple tackles and facials go but apart from that, I'd say about 6 or 7 out of 10.
Pompey Warrior

Post by Pompey Warrior »

What was that about, Fozzard never got anything said to him at all when he KO'd Fielden!

Just to add to the debate. Fozzard did not KO Fielden. Fielden got the tackle all wrong on KO himself. Fozzard (who I dont particularly like) was just running forward. No raise leg, no stiff arm, nothing. Stu got it wrong. Why would the ref say anything. Apart from Cunningham most of the Saints players were concerned about him...
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Pompey Warrior posted:
Just to add to the debate. Fozzard did not KO Fielden. Fielden got the tackle all wrong on KO himself. Fozzard (who I dont particularly like) was just running forward. No raise leg, no stiff arm, nothing. Stu got it wrong. Why would the ref say anything. Apart from Cunningham most of the Saints players were concerned about him...
It's just Wigan fans' hatred of all things Saint Helens.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Your right Pompey. Fielden caught Fozzard with his head. I do have a concern re all this bandaging some players wear. I think generally it is there for malicious reasons when it is on the lower arm.

For me, Klein failed in the fundamentals rather than violent play. Bar Cunningham and some shots on Trent it was relatively clean especially given it was a derby. The players were getting agitated by poor refereeing of releasing the tackled player and around the POTB. It is fundamentals that Klein lacks.

Apart from Rob :wink: Anybody think referees are any better for being full time?