Lockers does what he does best

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Lockers does what he d...

Post by Panchitta Marra »

medlocke posted:
GeoffN posted:
medlocke posted:

Fair enough Geoff, but what is the point of making all those tackles that everyone praises, then turn around and give penaltys away, besides that, he should know how to carry a ball properly and not in the laxydasical way he was carrying when he gifted them a try, still don't think he is Wigan standard :exc:
But all you can fault him for are a couple of penalties and one lost ball. Any other player (or his coach) would be delighted with such a low error count.
If you're going to be fair all round, pick on Hock for missing Cayless for their first try and missing Roby leading up to their second, or Richards for 3 penalties and two knock-ons, or Colbon for 3 knock-ons, or Higham for two high tackles, or McIlorum for not playing the ball properly, or...
But for some reason none of these players have as big a rep as Lockers, it is more noticeable when he does something stupid, if he didn't get so much praise in the first place Geoff, maybe he wouldn't get knocked so often
He is still the best 13 in Superleague.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

have to argue with you there.

i believe langley just edges him out.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

- psycho - posted:
have to argue with you there.

i believe langley just edges him out.
Langley is good, but doesnt put in the workrate Lockers does, week in week out. Check out the Opta statistics on Sky text, how many times Langley is listed compared to Lockers. Lockers has certainly made more tackles and put in more off-loads than Langley. Dont know what the stats are for tries either has scored this season.
Sadly Langley is out for the season now, requiring wrist construction operation
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

that's a shame.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Wilkin is more comparable to Lockers.
warriors10

Post by warriors10 »

i have to say i dont rate lockers at all. Never have! I think because he is the captain we expect more from him. I dont have a clue why he is still captain. He has no leadership qualaties what so ever. When farrel used to be the captain he used to give the team a good shouting at when they were all stood under the sticks after we had conceded a try. We get none of this from lockers. It looks like he is scared of his own team mates.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I wonder if he even wants to be captain? he doesn't obviously relish it. That said, being captain is a 7 day a week role, and Noble would surely have taken it off him in an instant if he felt that would benefit the team. Maybe he feels that Barrett has enough on his plate?

My suggestion with Lockers would be to move him to second row. He is a good 13, but not what we need there. We have 2 daring running 9s, and a running/kicking but not passing 7. This means TB is the only player guiding us around the park. We need someone else to do that role (a Brad Drew type of player). At Quins, whom I see nearly as often as Wigan, they have McLinden, Orr and Hill, all of whom can direct play. That makes the team far more effective than the sum of its parts...

Lockers could be a class 12, with a ball playing 13 behind him. I think he divides opinion because he has obvious qualities but not sufficient quality and vision to play 13 (Quins have a player who could do the trick, by the way, in Purdham, who can also play 6.)
demt82

Post by demt82 »

I think Lockers is a good player and a good lad, but i have to say that he is the player that has made the most handling errors in superleague this year and given the most penalties away.
Doctor of medicine.(MBcHB)
You will be asleep soon.
Its only a little prick!