A Wigan team I no longer want to support

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
damien morrissey

Re: A Wigan team I no long...

Post by damien morrissey »

jammie posted:
pride & loylty i am on holiday in france the last two weeks in august,but have booked flights from paris to london for the cc final ( may be a bit premiture everyone said) and back to paris to finish my holiday,i was even leaving early morning to drive up through france to get back in time for kick off for the salford game.after todays performance i have lost £212.00.if only the players showed the same pride in our club.but i will now be like them i carn't be arsed kackering myself up to watch a team that treated the importance of today's game to the fans if not for them with sheer contempt and unimportance.SHAUN EDWARDS NEW COACH HE WILL MAKE THEM SHOW PRIDE & PASSION IN THE SHIRT,i will no dougt be slagged off for saying this but i am rapidly loseing confidance in nobby same moves or lack of them evwry week,an inability to change things during a game and if as a coach you carn't get your players up for a cc semi-final then for me your time is running out
I am always have been and always will be a big fan of Brian Noble but something isnt working at this club. I would love to see Sean Edwards here and see his response to that first half i gaurantee it was a one time only mistake the players would make.

We need to throw the history book , the glass cabinet outside the boardroom and all the pictures that adorn the walls of the JJB out the window and start creating some not expect teams to roll over because of the success we had.

Its starts with pride and loyalty add hardwork add skill and at least you can compete on occasions like today.
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

I apologise for the name calling Banksy,but i do think you were a bit harsh on Ted Mac calling him a sad man as he was only expressing his opinion.Like i said earlier its not just the fact that we lost,it was how we lost that makes it more gutting than anything else.Compounded with the deduction of 4 points it makes even worse.
jerseyman

Post by jerseyman »

Passion is a word that the current players do not know the meaning of. It is not the fact that we lost ( rememember Sheffield) but the dispassionate attitude of the players.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Banksy posted;
and now all of a sudden we are going through a rough patch
FOOL: We have been going throgh a rough patch for 10 YEARS! The club just seems to falter from one crisis to another.
jammie

Post by jammie »

bad supporters more of us travel away than any other club,if we were going to desert it would have been last season.with going over the salary cap again,and all the promises of a good season gone,if it isn't sorted out dam quickly people are going to start voteing with there feet,i am not saying people are going to stop supporting wigan,but will decide to do other things than going watching a team that lacks pride passion & commitment,if we show it by turning up in all sorts of weathers,spending large amounts of money as i do taking 3 of my children then i don't expect to see a team that carn't be arsed whether they win or lose.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

TEDMAC posted;
So why isn't it working??????????????????????????
May I suggest;
1. Collectively the worst signings at the club in their history (continuing from last year)

2. No props - again. Fecka is a joke and Fielding is now the Gary Birtles of RL.

3. No wingers. MC has been an utter disaster and the only half decent one is playing full back 'cos Nobby has spit his dummy out.

4. Second rowers in the centres.

5.Our 'good 'uns' just aren't. I have defended Lockers constantly, but he and Hock are just ham and eggers. Not as good as Bennet and Wilkin at Saints.

6. No scrum half at the club - again!!!!

7. The weakest bench in SL.

8. Sh*te youngsters that constantly fail to hack it after being promoted through the ranks of the club as the next generation of superstars.

9.Constantly being hamstrung with ineffective and incompetent administration of the club.

10. Too many Yorkshiremen!!

I could go on.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Please do as I totally agree
primrose-n-blue

Re: A Wigan team I no longer w...

Post by primrose-n-blue »

TedMac posted:
As of today I will NOT be going to JJB any more and thats something I don't say lightly after 49 years.

Bye Bye JJB. I've had some great times.
With regret
Ted McAvoy
We reach out to you despondant RL brother and extend a warm welcome you with open arms to the Halliwell Jones .
Come and be a Wire and live in harmony as we expect dia performancies on a consistant irregular baises. We don't get down, we party whatever. You'd love being a Wire :inlo: :eusa3:
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

Doveoverdave posted:
TEDMAC posted;
So why isn't it working??????????????????????????
2. No props - again. Fecka is a joke and Fielding is now the Gary Birtles of RL.
There answer is right there. reason No.2. Well half right! Cant blame Feka.
Not No.1 or No.3-10!!
I pointed it out even before a kick into the new season began at the JJB.
I said you are at least one prop short and the Fielden doesn't carry the weight at prop.
He's running style is second row using momentum and skill with his lighter power. Weight at Bradford was alway compensated through there quaters.

Feka is your only heavy weight and he's a 10/15 minute spell prop. that leaves you light around 30 mins a game.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

primrose-n-blue posted:
TedMac posted:
As of today I will NOT be going to JJB any more and thats something I don't say lightly after 49 years.

Bye Bye JJB. I've had some great times.
With regret
Ted McAvoy
We reach out to you despondant RL brother and extend a warm welcome you with open arms to the Halliwell Jones .
Come and be a Wire and live in harmony as we expect dia performancies on a consistant irregular baises. We don't get down, we party whatever. You'd love being a Wire :inlo: :eusa3:
Yep!

Was having a similar discussion with some of your fans (in Catalans shirts!) in the pubs before and after the game!