Vaealiki....... 2nd row?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Matthew

Re: Vaealiki....... 2nd ro...

Post by Matthew »

pie eaters posted:
But people on here are slating Vaeliki, but lets start about the rest of the side. If people like Vaeliki are going then Calderwood, Hock , Hansen, Millard have to go to. And Vaeliki as not been as bad as Feilden as been this season.
Personally I would prefer Hanson to DV - he has not had as much game time this season - however his defence is good and he doesn't drop the ball every 5 minutes (Hock) give away silly penalties (Hock) or consistently fail to break the line (DV) - furthermore he is probably on a lot less money than either of these players.

DV is leaving because his contract is up. Just because he isn't the worst player in our side is no reason to resign him - it is that attitude that has left us in this current situation. Millard has rightly been dropped to the U21s - so hopefully he will leave at the end of the season too.

DV has supposedly been paid a fortune during his time at Wigan - and has delivered very little. I would like to see him go on principle. Why should he get another pay day just because he has put a bit of effort in for his last year?

In that time we have released lots of players who put in a lot more effort who were paid a lot less
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

jinkin jimmy posted:
pie eaters posted:
But people on here are slating Vaeliki, but lets start about the rest of the side. If people like Vaeliki are going then Calderwood, Hock , Hansen, Millard have to go to. And Vaeliki as not been as bad as Feilden as been this season.
Aint that the truth. Generally I agree DV has been very poor value but Fielden has been disastrous this season. He is the worlds most expensive player for God's sake!!
Fielden has been poor this season - no argument here. However he has proved more value to the club last year; when he undoubtedly helped save us from relegation than DV has in 3 years!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Matthew posted:
pie eaters posted:
Personally I would prefer Hanson to DV - he has not had as much game time this season - however his defence is good and he doesn't drop the ball every 5 minutes (Hock) give away silly penalties (Hock) or consistently fail to break the line (DV) - furthermore he is probably on a lot less money than either of these players.

DV is leaving because his contract is up. Just because he isn't the worst player in our side is no reason to resign him - it is that attitude that has left us in this current situation. Millard has rightly been dropped to the U21s - so hopefully he will leave at the end of the season too.

DV has supposedly been paid a fortune during his time at Wigan - and has delivered very little. I would like to see him go on principle. Why should he get another pay day just because he has put a bit of effort in for his last year?

In that time we have released lots of players who put in a lot more effort who were paid a lot less
You could argue the same for Fielden too.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

And if he continues to play poorly for the remainder of his contract then I would have no objection to him leaving. However, as I said - Fielden has done more for us last season than DV has done in his entire contract

LORENZO

Post by LORENZO »

Of those who contracts are about to expire only Richards deserves a further contract. Fielden has been poor but will be better with a bigger pack.
I'm afraid it is that department that has let us down big time. Good backs play well behind a strong pack.How many internationals in the pack?
Any chance we could swap a few with Wakey, Salford or H.K.R.?
chrisJJ

Re: Vaealiki....... 2nd row?

Post by chrisJJ »

Vaealiki has no pace and decsion making is really poor, Second row would be perfect :lol: :wink:

he's proberly going at the end of the season and an expericenced centre isn't at hand.. he's gonna stay at centre all though he may be better at second row
To be the best
you have to beat the best
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

chrisJJ posted:
Vaealiki has no pace
funny, sing and yeaman didn't seem to be able to catch him when he broke the line against FC at the JJB.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

veaaliki is solid in defence but isnt fast enough or skill full enough to be the centre that we desperatly need!get rid and use the money that will be freed up from him leaving to bring in a quality centre!as for second row imo we are fine. id put bailey there next season,we have hanson(who i think has come on alot this season and isnt getting the praise he deserves thats just my opinion)tomkins and hock!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

LORENZO posted:
Of those who contracts are about to expire only Richards deserves a further contract...
I don't agree; I think we should do all we can to keep Colbon, and I think Tom Coyle's got a future here too.
Flinny

Post by Flinny »

I think we need to face facts fellow Warriors, we are lacking class all over the park!! Barrett, Fika and possibly Richards (hasn't he improved since last season !!) are the only top class players we have at the moment. We got other players with big reputations (and salaries) that are just not performing. At best we are a middle of the table team and at worst we'll be in the relegation fight again. We are a long way off being the 'Mighty Wigan' of old and I don't think money is the problem. Any sugestions on how to turn it round...answers on a post card to Brian Nobble.