As I said all along !

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
CherryandWhiteandProud

Re: As I said all along !

Post by CherryandWhiteandProud »

we_need_a_coach posted:
with the exeption of Barrett we have no players other SL clubs would want
You havn't thought this through have you? Maybe St Helen's / Leeds would be intrested in few of our players- but are you telling me that Warrington wouldn't be glad of someone like Caulderwood, or Harlequins wouldn't welcome bak leului- Castleford would do anything for a good experienced Super League player.
we_need_a_coach posted:
it will take 5 or 6 years to compete with St helens and Leeds
We came third this year and won most of the games against Leeds- won against Saints and never failed to give a good game to top sides.
we_need_a_coach posted:
Lenegan wont stay that long.
So lifelong fan will drop the club after 5-6 years with no sucsess after paying millions of pounds?

Your talking rubbish.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Think this thread tops the list of the biggest load of neagative codswallop I have ever read. Well done poster there were may serious contenders.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Jimmy Birts

Post by Jimmy Birts »

pedro posted:
Hes not far wrong though, Lenaghans comments were quite demoralising.
Were they though? I think they were refreshingly frank and honest. FACT, the reason that Wigan have been the poorest performing club of the 'big 4' in the salary cap era is because of Mo's woeful management of the cap. We all know that a few players have been paid too much resulting in weak squad after weak squad. Leneghan has come in, put the cards on the table, told us all exactly what the situation is and that it'll be difficult to improve matters in 2008. See it as a positive that the man says it'll only take a year to correct Mo's disastrous financial management of Wigan RLFC. Did anyone really think he could click his fingers & it would all change overnight?
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

Jimmy Birts posted:
pedro posted:
Hes not far wrong though, Lenaghans comments were quite demoralising.
Were they though? I think they were refreshingly frank and honest. FACT, the reason that Wigan have been the poorest performing club of the 'big 4' in the salary cap era is because of Mo's woeful management of the cap. We all know that a few players have been paid too much resulting in weak squad after weak squad. Leneghan has come in, put the cards on the table, told us all exactly what the situation is and that it'll be difficult to improve matters in 2008. See it as a positive that the man says it'll only take a year to correct Mo's disastrous financial management of Wigan RLFC. Did anyone really think he could click his fingers & it would all change overnight?

given that some people on here slated IL after his first press conference then yeah i guess they did! :roll:
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Well after the shock of the 140k died down. i sat myself down and thought about it. and i've come to the conclusion that IL as done the best thing for all parties. he as shown us fans what a mess DW and MO got us in and as told us in part how he will fix it.

we can sign 1-2 players we already have Coley if we sign a decent centre i'll be happy. lets take this year to sort everything out behide the scenes because we cant go into franchise with the mess our salary cap is at the moment.Theres no relagtion so lets get the young lads in the..Kavenagh,mossop,stantons lets show the league we've got the best youngsters coming through. and when IL sorts the mess out we can start to look at Grand finals and signing the coopers of this world. Wigan will rise again and i know IL is the guy to lead us. COME ON WIGAN !!!
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Hawkeye posted:
Well after the shock of the 140k died down. i sat myself down and thought about it. and i've come to the conclusion that IL as done the best thing for all parties. he as shown us fans what a mess DW and MO got us in and as told us in part how he will fix it.

we can sign 1-2 players we already have Coley if we sign a decent centre i'll be happy. lets take this year to sort everything out behide the scenes because we cant go into franchise with the mess our salary cap is at the moment.Theres no relagtion so lets get the young lads in the..Kavenagh,mossop,stantons lets show the league we've got the best youngsters coming through. and when IL sorts the mess out we can start to look at Grand finals and signing the coopers of this world. Wigan will rise again and i know IL is the guy to lead us. COME ON WIGAN !!!
I'm with you :)

Was raging when i heard it yesterday but IL can only work wityh what he has got and if us not making too many signings for next year weakens us in the short term then it will strenghen us in the long term and thats what the aim has to be.

I was very impressed with Mr Lenagan yesterday and now truely believe he has the clubs best interests at heart and has a good plan of getting us back were we belong.

A team full of young passionate British lads with just a sprinkling of imports will be a joy to watch even if we will take some beatings along the way. It will make the kids tougher.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

gpartin posted:
Think this thread tops the list of the biggest load of neagative codswallop I have ever read.
You obviously weren't around last time We_Never_Reply_To_Anyone_Who_Tries_To_Argue_With_Us was on here. I like to think that I can have a reasonable conversation with most people on here, but WNAC doesn't do discussions, only completely over the top, hysterical, one-directional and one-dimensional rants.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

yes 4 newcomers wanc is the biggest plonker that as ever been on here ,thought he had topped himself or was that just wishful thinking :angry:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Fraggle posted:
gpartin posted:
Think this thread tops the list of the biggest load of neagative codswallop I have ever read.
You obviously weren't around last time We_Never_Reply_To_Anyone_Who_Tries_To_Argue_With_Us was on here. I like to think that I can have a reasonable conversation with most people on here, but WNAC doesn't do discussions, only completely over the top, hysterical, one-directional and one-dimensional rants.

I missed out on that pleasure. Over the top people make me sick to the stomach. They make me want to scream out loud and tear doen the house. I could quite easily kill when I feel this incensed :)
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

mike binder

Post by mike binder »

gpartin posted:
Fraggle posted:
gpartin posted:

I missed out on that pleasure. Over the top people make me sick to the stomach. They make me want to scream out loud and tear doen the house. I could quite easily kill when I feel this incensed :)
dont do it lol
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME