As I said all along !

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
- psycho -

Re: As I said all along !

Post by - psycho - »

awh no! he crawled out again!
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

Cruncher posted:
DaveO posted:
NICKYKISS posted:
A team full of young passionate British lads with just a sprinkling of imports will be a joy to watch even if we will take some beatings along the way. It will make the kids tougher.
So what happened to chucking them in too soon?

If we go with Coley + kids as the additions to the squad we will be worse off than last year and it will not be a joy to watch. The fact is the majority of the U21 won't make the grade as it is at any club. Being forced to play them too soon has never worked in the past so I don't see why it will now.

It is a ridiculous situation to be in.

Dave
True, but at least the people who caused it are now leaving. Presumably you're happy about that?

i very much doubt that either cruncher. think dave o must be depressed the way he's been moaning about everything lately. for some1 who thinks they know everything he seems to have forgot that given the state of the club at the moment its going to be hard to sign new players.what else does he expect the club to do reguarding the squad for next season? if the only option for next season is to play more lads from the 21's then so be it.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

pedro posted:
Hes not far wrong though, Lenaghans comments were quite demoralising.
Welcome back WNAC!!!!! :)

He's NEVER been THAT far out!!!!!!!
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

mstiggy posted:
Actually I thought all the interviews posted online and what I saw on both BBC and ITV local news programmmes at 6/6.30 last night were all very positive and extremely sensible. Lenegan is a very successful man, he says his ambition is to walk out at Wembley and Old Trafford to collect the cups, I believe he will do it!! He has seldom failed!
And DW isn't a successful man?

DW doesn't want to collect cups from OT and Wembley?

And how often has DW failed at anything?
pedro

Post by pedro »

only running of our club it seems...
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

standishwarrior posted:
i very much doubt that either cruncher. think dave o must be depressed the way he's been moaning about everything lately. for some1 who thinks they know everything he seems to have forgot that given the state of the club at the moment its going to be hard to sign new players.
Since we only found out the "state of the club" when Lenegan told us what it was yesterday I fail to see your point. You are stating the obvious saying it is going to be hard to sign players as if anyone (including me) is saying otherwise.
what else does he expect the club to do reguarding the squad for next season? if the only option for next season is to play more lads from the 21's then so be it.
Again this is stating the obvious. It doesn't mean it is a good thing and it has never worked in the past which was my point.

Dave
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

DaveO posted:

Again this is stating the obvious. It doesn't mean it is a good thing and it has never worked in the past which was my point.
Dave
It worked for Man Utd 10years back :wink:

Maybe we've got the equalivant of Beckham,Scholes, Butt and the Nevilles in our u21 side.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

NICKYKISS posted:
DaveO posted:

Dave
It worked for Man Utd 10years back :wink:

Maybe we've got the equalivant of Beckham,Scholes, Butt and the Nevilles in our u21 side.
I hope not.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

DaveO posted:
standishwarrior posted:
i very much doubt that either cruncher. think dave o must be depressed the way he's been moaning about everything lately. for some1 who thinks they know everything he seems to have forgot that given the state of the club at the moment its going to be hard to sign new players.
Since we only found out the "state of the club" when Lenegan told us what it was yesterday I fail to see your point. You are stating the obvious saying it is going to be hard to sign players as if anyone (including me) is saying otherwise.
what else does he expect the club to do reguarding the squad for next season? if the only option for next season is to play more lads from the 21's then so be it.

Dave
it may not be a good thing but the club dont have any other choice do they? we all found out how much of a mess the club is in but you still came up with a post about kr signing another aussie and had somthing to say about there only being 140000 left to spend i cant recall all of what you said. end of the day we all want wigan do well and i want better players at the club but lenagan can only do so much this year
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

NICKYKISS posted:
DaveO posted:
So what happened to chucking them in too soon?

If we go with Coley + kids as the additions to the squad we will be worse off than last year and it will not be a joy to watch. The fact is the majority of the U21 won't make the grade as it is at any club. Being forced to play them too soon has never worked in the past so I don't see why it will now.

It is a ridiculous situation to be in.

Dave
It's a case of needs must isn't it.

I'm not saying i'd throw a raft of them in all in one go and see if they sink or swim but more that because were only going to get 2 players in max they will have to play more then expected.

It may be a bad thing for the side but if Noble can rotate which youngsters he uses then he should be able to make it a worthwile excerise for them and not let them get too bashed up.

I do agree though it's an unbelieveable situation we find oursleves in and not one many people expected but we will all just have to grin and bear it.

Thank god this change of ownership has happened now because if it hadn't i shudder to think what a mess we would have been in another 3/4 years down the line.
y'alright dan? it's nick from this season, went bradford with you and your dad, how's it going? haha
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------