Assalted Ref

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
pedro

Re: Assalted Ref

Post by pedro »

Both Hull teams are the only ones that we have a police pressence in their end at the JJB.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

[quote]Sutty posted:
This coupled with the debacle of the Hull - Hull KR fans last season. The RFL should introduce a "three strikes and you're out" rule. Hull should be on two strikes now and with one more they wont be granted a licence to the franchise.
There's no place for this neanderthal behaviour in our game. It needs to be nipped in the bud before it descends into the thuggery that is rife at football matches

We have them in our ground also (read the post from Margaret in South stand) its a bloody disgrace stamp it out now for the future of our game and the good name of our club we need to live up to our new logo "Proud to be WIGAN". :angry: :angry:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I agree that we do have an element of idiots within our fanbase. However, we have never been involved in a pitch invasion (not in my 22 years of watching the club anyway) and I don't recall seeing any running battles with opposition fans.

My point is that Fans from Hull and a couple of other clubs have got a reputation for causing trouble, whereas we have not. We've never made the headlines for all the wrong reasons (regarding fan behaviour) like certain other clubs.

butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

- psycho - posted:
if it were ganson, assault wouldn't be enough!
No! It would have to be roasted at least :lol: :lol: :lol:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
stacey c

Post by stacey c »

Maybe wrong but when i was younger (not old yet) there was an incident when the coaches dropped off at central park, a group of our own fans trashed players cars after they suffered a loss? May have been a cup game and possibly offiahs car being one of them :angry:
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

We do have idiots who go home/away... fuelled by alcohol and peer pressure. Men turn to youth's. Its horrible BUT.... only a handful live upto that reputation.

at home, we have the kids in the south, the 'hard' head-shaven TN wearing boys showing off, putting Cider in lemonade bottles.

It annoys me but i guess im safe in East. 5 or 6 at most... the ret of the commotion is rubbernecking and gossip-seekers causing a stir... watch this video... back of south stand fight:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=by-YMoc3GjA
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
CherryandWhiteandProud

Post by CherryandWhiteandProud »

ancientnloyal posted:
We do have idiots who go home/away... fuelled by alcohol and peer pressure. Men turn to youth's. Its horrible BUT.... only a handful live upto that reputation.

at home, we have the kids in the south, the 'hard' head-shaven TN wearing boys showing off, putting Cider in lemonade bottles.

It annoys me but i guess im safe in East. 5 or 6 at most... the ret of the commotion is rubbernecking and gossip-seekers causing a stir... watch this video... back of south stand fight:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=by-YMoc3GjA
Which fool put that on youtube- great adverrtisment for the sport.
turf

Post by turf »

God posted:
Full of chavs thinking there the big time.
Oi, oi, oi, oi, oi! I go in the South Stand God with my grandad! :lol: :lol:
botica

Post by botica »

God!!
You cannot label everyone in the south stand the same. There are idiots in all the stands, mouthy gets who think its ok to abuse and push people around. I sit in the South with my children, we don't fight, throw stuff and are not chavs.... :angry:
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ancientnloyal posted:
While it is not good to have such a video on u-tube and the idiots involved are just that, this is not the same thing as rival fans kicking off against each other. This video is no doubt just simple minded morons who supposedly support the same team getting into a fight with each other for who knows what reason.

I'd still ban them from every RL ground in the league (nip it in the bud) but it is just not in the same league as some of the other incidents referred to in this thread.

Dave