Barrett to go - official

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Barrett May Quit Confirmed by Agent

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

http://www.wigantoday.net/warriors/Barr ... 4015552.jp

If i were wigan let him go and move hell and high water to get dobson back here
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
ancientnloyal

Re: Barrett May Quit Confirmed...

Post by ancientnloyal »

Just the waiting game now methinks. To be honest we need the club to focus on the Bradford game, which i'm sure brian noble is doing and if Trent wants to leave the main priority now is to get him fit asap.

I wouldn't look much into "IL declined to comment", if anyone thinks that is a bit Uncle Mo-esque, eg... "Wigan still not letting the fans know whats going on"... if anyone does comment about that
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Re: Trent's agent speaking to ...

Post by cpwigan »

If Trent does go Dobson is not an option at 6. He is a scrum half only. I just hope we do everything we can to keep Trent and his Mrs happy. It is vital the club looks at the whole family when they have imports. By all accounts Mrs Brett Kenny was the key person in that relationship. The club kept her sweet and Brett was fine.

gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

I put on another thread a few weeks ago that someone i know how lives in Auss has been saying that before the season started that their were rumours that Wigan were after releasing Barrett because they dont want to pick up the rest of his contract now that St Georges Supplementary payments have or are stopping.Could all this about his Wife being unhappy be a smoke screen by IL so that they dont get a backlash from the fans for off loading him. :doz:
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

The thing with Kenny was that he was going to go back to Australia anyway so I doubt his wife wouldn't have minded staying in the UK for a few months, by all acounts I believe they enjoyed their time in the UK, linking up with friends (Sterling) on the odd occasion and site seeing.

Spending a potential 3 years here is different, although i'd kill to live in the area they are in at the mo

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

gillysmyhero wrote:I put on another thread a few weeks ago that someone i know how lives in Auss has been saying that before the season started that their were rumours that Wigan were after releasing Barrett because they dont want to pick up the rest of his contract now that St Georges Supplementary payments have or are stopping.Could all this about his Wife being unhappy be a smoke screen by IL so that they dont get a backlash from the fans for off loading him. :doz:
Yes, saw your post then. Good point
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

cpwigan wrote:If Trent does go Dobson is not an option at 6. He is a scrum half only. I just hope we do everything we can to keep Trent and his Mrs happy. It is vital the club looks at the whole family when they have imports. By all accounts Mrs Brett Kenny was the key person in that relationship. The club kept her sweet and Brett was fine.
Is there that much difference between 6 & 7 really? apart from the side they play on?, could lulu not play 6? id rather have dobson and have to shuffle the team than end up with someone like lockyer or some other pension grabber!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

The thing with Dobson is like Jamie Thakray... if a player is available, most people want them at Wigan even when they might not fit in.

I would't put Tommy in at 6 as mentioned before, we need proven quality if Wigan are to carry on building on where Noble/coaching staff have gotten us so far. Even if we need to delve into the cheque book

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Wigan_forever19 85 wrote:
cpwigan wrote:If Trent does go Dobson is not an option at 6. He is a scrum half only. I just hope we do everything we can to keep Trent and his Mrs happy. It is vital the club looks at the whole family when they have imports. By all accounts Mrs Brett Kenny was the key person in that relationship. The club kept her sweet and Brett was fine.
Is there that much difference between 6 & 7 really? apart from the side they play on?, could lulu not play 6? id rather have dobson and have to shuffle the team than end up with someone like lockyer or some other pension grabber!
I believe there are certain players who can play as both a 6 and a 7. Shaun Edwards was an example but there are others who simply cannot. Dobson and Tommy are pure 7s. They would actually make better hookers than stand offs.
crookmeister

If Trent needs to leave.

Post by crookmeister »

Let the man go!

he has played his part for wigan and we have to respect his decision and i believe it would be in the best interest to let Trent go if he wishes..