The #6... If Trent leaves what will happen?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: The #6... If Trent leaves ...

Post by pedro »

josie andrews wrote:
pedro wrote:Dobsons a very good 7...we need a 6. TL is not a good 7 so again we will have 1 good half and Dobbo isnt as good as Trent....backward step.

Sign Lockyer
your havin a laugh he's not been the same since he had his knee done and I thought we were wanting to get away from signing old(er) Aussies, he hasn't played a full game since, has to keep coming off cos his knee is playing up, and even Wayne Bennett has his doubts as to his fitness :exc:
His fitness due to coming back from a knee reconstruction. He will get better as he gets fitter like Mathers....

He was and maybe still is the best player in the worls and I think he is the same age as Barret but is a better player.

So yes im serious.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Dobson is he a scrum half, so why buy him ?

We would need to get rid of tommy to do this or it just wouldnt work.

If were going for a scrum half then why not get jonathan thurston ?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

As others have said Dobson is a scrum half and in any case I can't see how he and TL would give us a half back pairing of anything like the quality of TL & TB.

Dobson was better than Moran as a 7 and that helped us out that season. I don't see him as a player the club would chase now.

7 & 6 are key positions and we can't spend TB's salary elsewhere e.g. a centre and/or forward. We need a quality player at 6 especially because TL at 7 is not 100% convincing IMO.

The "A" team players aren't ready so the club needs to handle this in its best interest and if that means holding Barrett to his end of the bargain to the end of the season or even the whole contract then it needs to do it.

It hasn't happened yet of course but I do get fed up of players signing contracts and then wanting to get out of them. His wife being homesick as is rumoured is a bit of a poor excuse IMO. She will only be here another 6 months this season as it is and it isn't as if they are separated from each other for months on end etc.

Dave
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Short term
Lockers at 6 and have tomkins at loose.
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

nathan_rugby wrote:Short term
Lockers at 6 and have tomkins at loose.
Alternatively, Lockers at 6, Bailey & Hansen at 2nd Row with Hock as Loose Forward.

With the form Hock has been in this season and his off loading skills he could be a handful for most teams.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

We would benefit more from hock at loose becuase it would be like having 3 seconds rowers, ie more go forward.
topskin

Post by topskin »

mathers to slow for standoff he is the slowest fullback in league
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

topskin wrote:mathers to slow for standoff he is the slowest fullback in league
You are kidding? Are you forgetting slug wellens?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

To be honest, id say mathers is rather nippy, watch his speed on kick returns, he runs at the gaps like he means it.
loyal

Post by loyal »

Mark Flanagan? -- I think its about time he was tested in the first team. He was highly rated down at bradford and he doesnt seem to be mentioned at wigan yet.
** THE BLOOD OF A WARRIOR RUNS THROUGH MY VEINS **