brett inglis

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
adiddy

Re: brett inglis

Post by adiddy »

Jamie Rooney is a player I would love to see at Wigan!!! If he'd played for any team half decent in the last 3-4 years he'd be in the international set-up without a doubt!

Matt
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Sutty wrote:You've missed my point BM. I was trying to say that if we are intent on letting Barrett go a season early, and replacing him with another player of equal calibre, then surely we should be looking at someone who is younger than Barrett and Lockyer.
I agree that the chances of getting a world class Aussie stand off who is only around 26 years of age is extremely remote.
Who would you suggest? You seem to have an answer for most other things.
And I think you missed my sarcasm!

At least the names mentioned are better prospects than the player's coming over here for a pension.

I too have been very impressed with Bosc.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
pedro

Post by pedro »

Why nor Inglis...MAtt KIng came over and he is an Origin and Aussie international (current not past).

Its the draw of money!
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

butt monkey wrote:
Sutty wrote:You've missed my point BM. I was trying to say that if we are intent on letting Barrett go a season early, and replacing him with another player of equal calibre, then surely we should be looking at someone who is younger than Barrett and Lockyer.
I agree that the chances of getting a world class Aussie stand off who is only around 26 years of age is extremely remote.
Who would you suggest? You seem to have an answer for most other things.
And I think you missed my sarcasm!

At least the names mentioned are better prospects than the player's coming over here for a pension.

I too have been very impressed with Bosc.
Sorry, I think it's cos the tone of someone's voice can't be heard when just reading a thread on a message bored. :wink:

shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

yeah but lenegan said he isnt willing to pay large amounts and wernt we bidding to bring king in but pulled out because of the wage demands...

and i think mr inglis would want more....

just to throw another hait into the ring how about benji marshall...

had some bad injuries but when fully fit can blow a game wide open....

see i have learned alot from your lessons cp... :lol: :D
dannydutson

Post by dannydutson »

i heard that monaghan and king from wire were unhappy and were considering askin for a release. If barrett leaves then the money is available. not sayin monaghan is as good as barrett but he is a class act
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

dannydutson wrote:i heard that monaghan and king from wire were unhappy and were considering askin for a release. If barrett leaves then the money is available. not sayin monaghan is as good as barrett but he is a class act
I would have thought that if they are unhappy at wire then they will be going home - not moving a few miles down the road.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

shawcross da warrior wrote:yeah but lenegan said he isnt willing to pay large amounts and wernt we bidding to bring king in but pulled out because of the wage demands...

and i think mr inglis would want more....

just to throw another hait into the ring how about benji marshall...

had some bad injuries but when fully fit can blow a game wide open....

see i have learned alot from your lessons cp... :lol: :D
lenaghan didnt pull out of the king deal. it was lindsay and whelan and aint suprised as they was selling club and wasnt interested in getting players.
IN WANE WE TRUST
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

If we want anyone remotely any good at stand off next season the club is going to have to pay a high wage whether it likes it or not.

Every players agent knows we need a stand off so are hardly going to accept what we or IL might think is a reasonable offer.

It's a sellers market and agents trying to flog us a stand off will know this. They will know we need a new 6 so it's simple economics that this will push the price in wages that they can demand up.

Dave
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

correct 100% dave couldnt agree more....