Team for next year Big Clear out

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jaws1

Re: Team for next year Big Cl...

Post by jaws1 »

The whole team has no pace watching all the matches over the weekend every team bar Wigan has come from their own half and scored .Wigan can only score from short range we have no pace whatsover we are too SLOW IN EVERY DEPARTMENT.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

I hate to say this but last season when i said Fielden was a complete waste of money i was criticised by so many people on this site i cant remember how many. Now you are all realising i was right. Fielden needs to be offloaded asap,he is noy the only one though,Mathers,colbon,Bailey, Higham Coyle and i think Trent should go now. I feel for the lad because he has problems and is not playing well.Let him go home as he is not happy.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

old hooker wrote:I hate to say this but last season when i said Fielden was a complete waste of money i was criticised by so many people on this site i cant remember how many. Now you are all realising i was right. Fielden needs to be offloaded asap,he is noy the only one though,Mathers,colbon,Bailey, Higham Coyle and i think Trent should go now. I feel for the lad because he has problems and is not playing well.Let him go home as he is not happy.
Fielden has nearly as many critics on here as lockers...

Why do you feel bad for Barrett? It's not like he is on performance related pay is it? He gets paid win or lose and if he wants sympathy from me, then he should play with a bit of passion; not trundle about looking at his boots feeling sorry for himself
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

barrett may have his issues but he cant carry the team on his shoulders any longer i hate to repeat myself but the backs cant go forward if the pack doesnt set a platform, even a boring 4 drives from the pack and a kick would impress me nut we cant even do that.

why cant when plan A goes through the window can we switch to plan B and drive the ball forward and then set the platform.

i hate to say it but a decent captain on the park would realise this and dictate play, we have no captain and by far no bloody idea, a lot fo this comes from the following

1. no pack
2. no captain
3 no heart in the club name and what it means
4. no coach to motivate at the start of the game never mind the second half come back

i hate to say this but i am realy thinking of not going to watch this shower of crap for the rest of the season home ore away they dont deserve our money or dedication, all i can say is that its a good job there is no relegation this season coz on current form we would be going down by the end of the season
chrisJJ

Re: Team for next year Big Clear out

Post by chrisJJ »

personally i'd get rid of...

Fielden, Calderwood, Barrett (well he's gone) O'carroll? and Richard Mathers

They're not gonna die for the shirt so ship them out.

Who would replace them though is another headache,

Barrett = I'd HATE lockyer to come. He's 31, 32 next year waste of time/money, why the billy bollocks didn't we sign Dobbo! Pipped by KR yet again for a player!

Calderwood = No one! we got young wingers i.e Stanton We should be fine

Fielden = My gran would do, if she bulked up

O'carroll = not sure if i'd get rid, can be good but not consistant enough

Richard Mathers = A young fullback that doesnt think he's a superstar.

but then again only 13 rounds gone, it could all change, bring on the Wire!!
To be the best
you have to beat the best
medlocke

Re: Team for next year Big Clear out

Post by medlocke »

i would exchange the following if possible.

Fielden for O'meley
Barrett for Rooney or Brough
Mathers for Cockayne
Calderwood for Rocket Rod Jensen
Higham for Rinaldi
Goulding for Talau
one more prop
one utility back
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jolleymike wrote:i have to agree, but there has to be an underlying problem here, on paper we have a good side but how come we cant put the results down on paper.

there seems to be a resistance to give fielden the ball when there is an obviouse opportunity for him to gain yards from the play of the ball, every time higham gets the ball at acting half if fielden is on a run he always goes the opposite way.

to me the team is saying you are paying this guy a fortune but his work rate doesnt dictate him getting the ball, i think there is a lot of unrest from the team point of view. another angle for me is why is barret now wanting to go home (wife my arse) barrett is sick of carrying the rest of the side. another reason for me is why is barrett lulu always topping the tackle count, all this addis up to a pack that simply isnt working hard enough. you only need to ;look at graham and caylis to realise how bad our stats look.
Agree with you there. If the forwards were doing their job ie going forward and breaking thru', it would leave the backs to create space to the centres and then to the wing to score the try but.....we have Barrett, Lulu and Lockers doing nothing but tackling, then they are too knackered to produce anything else :exc: :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

credit to ocarrol but he is hardly going to set the world alight is he. Which is what we need. A hard running prop forward, line breaks and big hits in defence.

He only offers hard running.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

nathan_rugby wrote:credit to ocarrol but he is hardly going to set the world alight is he. Which is what we need. A hard running prop forward, line breaks and big hits in defence.

He only offers hard running.
He's still learning and only a kid, a prop comes into his best years at about 25+. I like O'Carroll and think that at least he tries.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

The only forward who comes out of this is Andy Coley IMO.Should'nt Mr.Barret be sent home his heart is not in it.