Karl Price

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jaws1

Re: Karl Price

Post by jaws1 »

Just had a thought Price was supposedly to be fit late March this statement worries me did the management know this and give us false hope.

"The recovery is going really well – better than expected – and hopefully I'll be fit within the next month or two."[/b]
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

In 2005 he continued his progress and made 21 appearances scoring 17 tries making him third in the Bulls Try Scoring charts for the year.

Try scoring record speaks for itself. And he was called up to the GB squad in 2005 so he must be a fan of noble.

6ft 6, 18 and a half stone, 21 years old and with great pace and balance.

Whats everybodys problem ? Hes going to make a difference.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I don't know why there is all this negativity about Karl, we knew from the off that he was carrying this injury and that he would be a while before he played.

I remember watching him play for the Bulls on a Friday night at the JJB, and the day after he played for the under 21's for the full game!

I always thought he would be a promising young player, it was just unfortunate that he got a bad injury playing union.

Lets get behind him. At least he has always been a Wigan supporter from an early age and he is thrilled to be offered the chance to play for this club. Lets give him that chance when he is ready.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

He definetly has ability. Far more laid back than Leon.

Not sure about the suggestion that he is fast. He is not slow but his speed off the mark is not impressive, nor should it be given his sheer size.
pedro

Post by pedro »

nathan_rugby wrote:In 2005 he continued his progress and made 21 appearances scoring 17 tries making him third in the Bulls Try Scoring charts for the year.

Try scoring record speaks for itself. And he was called up to the GB squad in 2005 so he must be a fan of noble.

6ft 6, 18 and a half stone, 21 years old and with great pace and balance.

Whats everybodys problem ? Hes going to make a difference.
Try scoring records count for nothing otherwise Calders would be starting
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

It proves that he can finish off tries and quiet alot of them.

So your telling me scoring counts for nothing ?

If wigan had the choice of signing 1 winger and their was 2 candidates.

1 had a good try scoring record and was young and the other had a not so good try scoring record.

Moneys on you would go for the try scoring winger as thats one of the main aspects they need.

Factors within the club prevent calders from scoring.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

a fit karl will vastly improve our squad, how wouldn't he after sunday.I would play him at center and put Calders beside him
pedro

Post by pedro »

nathan_rugby wrote:It proves that he can finish off tries and quiet alot of them.

So your telling me scoring counts for nothing ?

If wigan had the choice of signing 1 winger and their was 2 candidates.

1 had a good try scoring record and was young and the other had a not so good try scoring record.

Moneys on you would go for the try scoring winger as thats one of the main aspects they need.

Factors within the club prevent calders from scoring.
Not havign a centre is 1. Who would you have...Dallas or Gardner?......look at their try scoring records (which one had a centre).
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

I'm not expecting him to be the Messiah (he's just a very naughty boy...), but anyone's an improvement at present.
Presumably he'll get some Academy games first anyway - going to take him a while to get back into match fitness.

jaws1/josie, don't forget you can now add all these news items straight into the news section of the site now. Seems like only Mike & I do that at present!
Dawn O

Post by Dawn O »

medlocke wrote:According to the clever ones on rlfans, he has been fit for a while but we can not afford him on the cap????? prolly a pile of cack though
Got something against the other board?

that actually came from the big boss himself on sunday,he was pretty tanked up - they can only play him after july as they cant afford his salary - which by the way if true is a pretty penny indeed, they still haven't registered him so he is still getting paid his contracted money but cant play.