A Blessing In Disguise

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: A Blessing In Disguise

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Watcher wrote:A Blessing In Disguise

Well first of all and let me make this very clear, I’m sorry that Lockers has been injured and wish him a quick recovery..

Right after saying that.. I feel this is great news for Wigan as now we may be able to put a player in the 13 shirt that can actually play there. This is a good opportunity to move players around to find our best Loose-forward and maybe Barrett is the man, I would give it to Hock to be honest as he can use his hands far better than Lockers he also is a impact player who can brake the tackle unlike Lockers. The man can put his mark on this team and retain this jersey if he proves to Noble that he can hold his head and not make the silly mistake of giving penalties away unlike someone else, this is something he will struggle with. Hock is not or will not ever be captain of Wigan and rightly so. I can’t believe I’m saying this but the obvious chose is Richards

Anyway punch line is Lockers is out of the team and I’m very pleased to hear it but not in the way it has happened. I wish him every success elsewhere
What planet are you from? You obviously don't know how highly Lockers is rated!!! :angry:

And where do you think he is going? He is the Wigan captain and he is going nowhere
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
dannydutson

Post by dannydutson »

Think you will find that the best loose forward in the game and the incumbent australian 13, Dallas Johnson isnt an attacking player but he would walk into any side becuse of his defence
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

nathan_rugby wrote:Its obvious that lockers is used as a defensive loose forward and people are saying that we are going to miss his defence.

Why not stick hansen there instead ?
Best tackler on the team, smack bang in the middle of the pitch. That would be my shout.
I suspect that Hansen will get the "nod" for the loose forwards position.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
JIMH

Post by JIMH »

Why do people want to play the best stand off in super league at Loose Forward??? I can't understand the thinking behind it??? Yes Barrett doesn't miss any tackles but he spends mst of the time stood in the centres saving his energy. Why waste his attacking skills by getting him tired tackling in the forward pack??

Maddness!! can you imagine St's putting Pryce at loose forward? Maguire at leeds? Trent Barret is the best stand off we have and it would be a very daft idea (thats me being polite) to play him at Loose Forward!!
WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!