Anyone Fancy Starting A Petition For Us TO Keep Micky Higham?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Shaun1967

Re: Anyone Fancy Starting A Pe...

Post by Shaun1967 »

Is it just me, or does anybody else believe that quite a few players including Mickey Higham will have agreed deals with other clubs but cannot not sign them until September 1st when the other clubs will approach them for the first time (not).
Also have you considered whether or not Higham would prefer to stay at Wigan or go to a club where he feels wanted?
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
joeb

Post by joeb »

you dont need to bother,he signed for warrington last week. but i agree he has been our form player with pat
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Why would Micky want to stay with us?I'm sure he is feeling let down and under-appreciated.My ideal would be to retain Micky to play along side Riddell and send young Michael Mcllorum out on loan for a season.I personally think other clubs will already have approached his agent in some way despite having to wait until september.Saying all this will not really make one iota of difference if Riddell is all that he is cracked upto be.A few good performances under his belt and Micky or Michael would soon be forgotten.Warrington and Salford seem to be making all the right sounds at the moment. :conf:
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

medlocke wrote:Not really bothered, he's only started putting in better performances lately as he is still in need of a club next year
thats bull mickey as given 110% every game hes played at wigan even when we didnt like the idea of newton leaving so he could come
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
jackoh

Post by jackoh »

I agree with the idea of keeping Higham and letting young Mick go on loan , then we can see how good he is .
For me Higham has done nothing wrong at Wigan , his main failings are giving daft penalties away .
for the suggestion that he`s been average since he`s been here , probrably says he`s been in an average pack .
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

The lad gives his all and is playing his best rugby in the time he's been with us , but he is still not a starting hooker and never will be . Having a decent acting half will make us a better team only time will tell if Riddel is the rite player to take us forward .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Not Highams greatest fan but i would prefer him to Mcilorum,i think the latter is over rated. However i feel its too late to do anything anyway as Higham is on his way to Wire.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

medlocke wrote:Not really bothered, he's only started putting in better performances lately as he is still in need of a club next year
Rubbish. It simply doesn't make sense. Do you honestly think either the player himself or any club chairman is daft enough to think his form now is what any offer made to him will be based on?

This applies to any player not just Higham. "Oh he's leaving so he's trying hard". There is no logic in it as people aren't stupid enough to sign a player based on half a dozen matches or so.

Perhaps he's just being professional and despite how he has been treated is giving his usual 110% in his remaining games for the club?

Dave
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

I think you'll find Mikey is on his way to Warrington :conf:
tonyjoe

Post by tonyjoe »

Yep count me in.Wish we had a few more like him, plays for the shirt,and hes from leigh !!!! Sorry not been on here for a while !! but Micky defo worth keeping.