Amos Roberts

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Amos Roberts

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan wrote:I say a little prayer, I hope so Dave

The blind optimism of a fan in off season mode?
That's OK then. I thought you had lost your marbles for a minute there! :wink:

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan wrote:Pedro. He was originally signed for 2010. I think the plan was to sign Wiki for 2009. However, that fell through and Sydney Roosters have financial issues so they needed to offload players and they have now released Amos for 2009 to enable Wigan to have him from 2009 onwards.
So does that mean no prop? I know the quota is not a problem (I have been trying to educate people as to why :look: ) but we must be near the cap limit if we signed a player a year early?

Dave
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

DaveO wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I say a little prayer, I hope so Dave

The blind optimism of a fan in off season mode?
That's OK then. I thought you had lost your marbles for a minute there! :wink:

Dave
I'm also attempting to be optimistic about the new season but doubt I would be too optimistic if I was a promising academy player because lets be fair a good proportion of them will be going to Leigh at the end of the season having been promised gametime and given none. I hope we are proved wrong.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Still nothing on mainsite. Makes me think that Amos is a bit player in a bigger package :) Jim
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

highland convert wrote:Still nothing on mainsite. Makes me think that Amos is a bit player in a bigger package :) Jim
Could be right Jim although they do tend to be slow releasing news
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

DaveO wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Whatever the arguments it has to be better to have a real selection choice. I am not sure we had very little or any last season when it started.
Depends on who's doing the choosing.

It looks like we have a selection choice but I know you personally think Noble has overlooked players who ought to have got a chance last season.

What makes you think the fact we have on paper a selection choice that Noble will actually take advantage of this situation?

I'd love to be proved wrong but the evidence is against it.

Dave
That is true, but Noble has been involved in bringing all these players to the club. Unlike Calderwood who he would never have chosen to coach. I would hope all these players are his "favourites". Goulding will be out in the cold and will probably go on loan IMO.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

Am i right in thinking Amos used to run the "Woolpack" pub in Emmerdale Farm

always wondered where he ended up

just joking

is this guy any good really, i dnt know much about him my self
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

He has good speed good hands and a proven scoring record. However calders had the same before he came so i dunno how much that counts for. He is a good performer in the NRL which means he should be better in SL which is seen as the lesser comp.

I for one welcome him think he could be good for us but if noble continues to make us go up the middle then we may aswell have bought lilly savage on the wing
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Reevezie 2.0.0.8

Post by Reevezie 2.0.0.8 »

From what i heard he is a pretty decent player, a work coleague of mine has relatives in Auss, he usually gets some info on the rugby now and again and i asked him to dig alittle, he not sed much but he does rate the player says he is pretty quick and as mentioned is a utillity player, bit heavier than calderwood but as quick i bin told apparently has a decent strike rate (88 games with 54 tries) and is good with the boot also.......
Wigan's Favourite Salon Follows The Wigan Warriors http:// http://www.cuttingcrewwigan.co.uk
Reevezie 2.0.0.8

Post by Reevezie 2.0.0.8 »

Amos Roberts Profile (sydney roosters)

http://www.sydneyroosters.com.au/player ... %20Roberts

Worth a look....... :)
Wigan's Favourite Salon Follows The Wigan Warriors http:// http://www.cuttingcrewwigan.co.uk