TIM SMITH

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
THE 18th Man

Re: TIM SMITH

Post by THE 18th Man »

i never said they dont deserve the money all im saying is that there might be more dedication from sonemone like Sam Tompkins than some 30 somthing aussie (but this is just my opinion nor do i mean every single junior wants to play for love of the club and every single overseas player wants the money)
Mr Sergent

Post by Mr Sergent »

I would definitely like to see Sam Tomkins blooded properly this season and given more opportunities from the bench and the early rounds of the cup, if he doesn’t get any game time this year we could be at risk of losing him which would be ridiculous. On the flip side I agree with some others in that he will not be able to carry the full load this year, no way, so we do need the Tim Smiths of this world if we are to compete, he is a great talent IMO, and yes we will likely only have him for this coming season but so be it, that’s all we need if the club manages and develops Sam as they should.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

All this talk of passion from the locals and not from the ozzies is utter nonsense. I played for several teams and my commitment was unchanged. Even got threatened for trying to hard against my own team. The other side was a couple short and I played against my own and got their mom. Sorry but the drive to win has to be in the person not the location. Why are the ozzies so good. Simply the fact that they have the drive. England for some reason lacks the drive. Be it football, rugby, cricket, tennis that final killer instinct is missing. That is why with 50 million to chose from the failure rate is so high. Jim
viva_seddo13

Post by viva_seddo13 »

So are you saying barrett didnt play with any passion when he was at wigan just because hes a aussie? total rubbish
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

viva_seddo13 wrote:So are you saying barrett didnt play with any passion when he was at wigan just because hes a aussie? total rubbish
no. where did you get that from? if you look in the brackets it says it is MY OPINION and also i dont mean every player like i said in the brackets. why cant people understand that i think that SOME players from hometown clubs might give more than a oversea player BUT I DONT MEAN EVERY PLAYER and for the last time it is MY OPINION
viva_seddo13

Post by viva_seddo13 »

THE 18th Man wrote:
viva_seddo13 wrote:So are you saying barrett didnt play with any passion when he was at wigan just because hes a aussie? total rubbish
no. where did you get that from? if you look in the brackets it says it is MY OPINION and also i dont mean every player like i said in the brackets. why cant people understand that i think that SOME players from hometown clubs might give more than a oversea player BUT I DONT MEAN EVERY PLAYER and for the last time it is MY OPINION
Sorry I misunderstood you, I do agree that we should consider using young accademy players than signing aussies looking for a holiday.
loun

Post by loun »

viva!!!!!!!!!barett wasent rubbish he was pretty good infackt not alot of pepole can replace him.
loun

Post by loun »

tim smith isent the best player you could have.barett is possibly.
2old4

Post by 2old4 »

Timmy is back. Just seen him in Tesco at Chorley!
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Was he arguing with the butter?
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."