Lockers Stand up and act like a Captain

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
lucky 13

Re: Lockers Stand up and act like a Captain

Post by lucky 13 »

Wigan Watcher wrote:Lockers Stand up and act like a Captain

It is time for Lockers to act like a captain tonight. We have just witnessed one of the worst performances on record from a Wigan team and now we as fans must look to him to stand up and be counted. Tonight he must act like a captain both in play and his verbal contribution. Whatever it takes he must lead by example play a solid game, encourage his team and let them know if things are going wrong.

Let’s see some fire from him, that’s what the fans want some passion, let’s see him raise his voice tonight.

If not time to change the captain….. No more of this pathetic performance from our team and no more not being a captain please.

We as fans now demand it!
How did we play in all the games with Barrett captain ??
Did we win them all ? did we play with fantastic open rugby? did players suddenly have runners on the shoulder? did we end up losing the play off game at Leeds? just as we did with Lockers captain.... pure rubbish in my humble opinion this Captain thing you have to be in with a real shout you have to come into the game on a level or as near to it as you can .
Which gives you the bigger advantage what you practice all week in training OR how hard your Captain shouts?
Captaincy is important but we have not had the vital things in place to see how good Lockers is .
Oh and you are as near with this one as the Edwards was average thread .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I do think no captain is going to change much. Nor did 1 truly world class player. So you then start to look at what needs to be changed and it comes back to Noble.

Lockers had a strange game v Wakefield. He was either very good (defensively)or completely awful and his mistakes were very costly. However, I then think why oh why is the coach playing him at 6. He was playing well pre season as a forward.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Average player, crap captain, if the guy wasn't Wigan born and bread or wasn't related to former players, would anybody really rate him, i know for a fact that fans from other teams do not rate him whatsoever (i once did several polls on another site and that was the result)
jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

captain fantastic my ar#e, there are two problems at wigan now and one of them is the lack of a captain the other is to many has been aussies.

Its abot time this proud club gave up on looking overseas and started to build a good squad from the wigan borough.
The other thinfg we need to do is get rid of noble the man clearly hasnt a clue what it means to be wigan.

come on IL get shut now
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote:Average player, crap captain, if the guy wasn't Wigan born and bread or wasn't related to former players, would anybody really rate him, i know for a fact that fans from other teams do not rate him whatsoever (i once did several polls on another site and that was the result)
Sorry totally disagree, Trent Barrett, Tony Smith, Tony Rea and a lot of others have nothing but praise for Sean O'Loughlin and you can't keep using the excuse that he's related to Faz thats why he is captain, or thats why he is in the team, that's through marriage only.

You can't keep comparing him to Faz or other captains because that's like comparing me to bloody Marilyn Monroe for chrise sake just cos I've got a big arse like she had

:roll:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

fully agree that he need to stand up and be counted as a captain, the thing is we are comparing him to a captain like farrell, who we all know was a man who could certainly gee his players up when things wernt going to plan...

lockers isnt that type of player, he doesnt seem to have a quarter pf the agression faz had or determination....

captaining a team is also difficult because different players respond differenntly, some players dont react well to being shouted and balled at and just need a pat on the back and a quick encouragment, were more experianced players need a bolloking to get them going...
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

I read the name Farrell all the time, I never mentioned the guy…. After reading some of these posts…well I can’t believe it to be honest…. Some players like this and some players like that… What a load of rubbish!

These are well paid professionals who need to be told and if Lockers cant do it then someone should.. That simple..lets see some fire from a proper captain

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote:
medlocke wrote:Average player, crap captain, if the guy wasn't Wigan born and bread or wasn't related to former players, would anybody really rate him, i know for a fact that fans from other teams do not rate him whatsoever (i once did several polls on another site and that was the result)
Sorry totally disagree, Trent Barrett, Tony Smith, Tony Rea and a lot of others have nothing but praise for Sean O'Loughlin and you can't keep using the excuse that he's related to Faz thats why he is captain, or thats why he is in the team, that's through marriage only.

You can't keep comparing him to Faz or other captains because that's like comparing me to bloody Marilyn Monroe for chrise sake just cos I've got a big arse like she had

Was thinking more of his dad and uncle (Kieron & Kevin) Josie, Faz was a weak third relatively speaking. Trent, Tony and others may well praise him but lets face it, they ain't going to turn round and slag him off are they
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Wigan Watcher wrote:Lockers Stand up and act like a Captain

It is time for Lockers to act like a captain tonight. We have just witnessed one of the worst performances on record from a Wigan team and now we as fans must look to him to stand up and be counted. Tonight he must act like a captain both in play and his verbal contribution. Whatever it takes he must lead by example play a solid game, encourage his team and let them know if things are going wrong.

Let’s see some fire from him, that’s what the fans want some passion, let’s see him raise his voice tonight.

If not time to change the captain….. No more of this pathetic performance from our team and no more not being a captain please.

We as fans now demand it!
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

josie andrews wrote:

Brilliant answer! Don't know if the Marilyn comparison is true, but the rest of the comment is spot on.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09