Who's to blame this week?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
butt monkey

Re: Who's to blame this week?

Post by butt monkey »

pedro wrote:
butt monkey wrote:
pedro wrote:Higham wanted to saty but was never even spoken to about staying...He was gutted to leave
Get your "facts" right about this. He had agreed to sign for Warrington half way through last season - fact - end of.
no he had not in FACT he had agreed in principle to sign for Salford once Riddell was signed and he knew his time was up.
We can agree to disagree all night. I know which of us is correct and which isn't. Don't listen to what players tell the fans - most of the time, they tell you what you want to hear!
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
ian b

Post by ian b »

we could always get maurice lindsay back as chairman :roll:
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

ian b wrote:we could always get maurice lindsay back as chairman :roll:

That might be the crux of the problem we have no boardroom ,no directors a one man band running the show.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

butt monkey wrote:
pedro wrote:
butt monkey wrote: Get your "facts" right about this. He had agreed to sign for Warrington half way through last season - fact - end of.
no he had not in FACT he had agreed in principle to sign for Salford once Riddell was signed and he knew his time was up.
We can agree to disagree all night. I know which of us is correct and which isn't. Don't listen to what players tell the fans - most of the time, they tell you what you want to hear!
Isn't Pedro a personal acquaintance of Higham? If he told him the situation then why do you think he would lie? What is your source? You don't have to name the person but just say what relationship to Higham they have.

Dave
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Pedro does know Mickey personally
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

the solution is not to get rid of noble, after all who would we get in who could move us forward? ive heard a few rumblings from the fans about ellery hanley, well he seems a bit tied up with his ice skating at the moment and has he really shown much loyalty as a coach? would he stay for more than two years?

then people are on about shaun edwards, does he have any coaching experience in rugby league? no. and also he wants to do the lions duty in union, unfortunately this is where the money is for shaun at the minute. One day i can see him coaching wigan, hopefully soon, but i doubt he will be here for a couple of years.

People may say John Kear- good coach but in my opinion is not better than noble, would he be able to cope under the pressure of coaching wigan warriors? i doubt he would.

Well there is nobody out there who is better than noble at the moment who we could potentially attract to the club.

we all new that this was not going to be a quick fix, unfortunately we have been on a downward spiral since mike gregory went down ill, some ill fortune along the way and also some extremely poor management decisions have led to us realeasing talented players such as wild and robinson. and noble has stabilised the ship, thats why i think we deserve to give him some praise!
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
mickh

Post by mickh »

Suggestions regards a new coach?
Mr Shaun McRay.
He's been around the block a few times granted, he's consistent, coached a championship side, put exiting teams together, built them up, given up and coming players a chance, players have confidence/respect in him, supporters have respect in him, he says what he thinks (without the cliche's).
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Shaun McRae has another 3 years on his Contract with Salford. If you are looking for Someone from the British game, then John Kear, I have no idea how long his contract is with Wakey though.
The way IL does things he will probably allow Noble's contract to run out at the end of this year and THEN start looking for a replacement.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

exile in Tiger country wrote:The way IL does things he will probably allow Noble's contract to run out at the end of this year and THEN start looking for a replacement.
The way Lenegan does thing he will probably leave Wigan without a coach for a season while he tries to find a new coach and then appoint Koko the clown.
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

MrDave wrote:
exile in Tiger country wrote:The way IL does things he will probably allow Noble's contract to run out at the end of this year and THEN start looking for a replacement.
The way Lenegan does thing he will probably leave Wigan without a coach for a season while he tries to find a new coach and then appoint Koko the clown.

you could do alot worse than Koko the Clown :lol: