Brian Noble and the future

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
butt monkey

Re: Brian Noble and the future

Post by butt monkey »

highland convert wrote:How can he motivate them when ever thread calls for his blood. How many great coaches have flowndered when they came to Wigan. How many player came with big reps and never made the grade. The coahes have left, the players have left, WHO IS LEFT. The fans? coincidence?
Jim
You suggesting the players are more concerned what the fans are saying about them on forums like this, than what their actual employers think of them???
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

josie andrews wrote:The trouble is with us supporters and the club in general is that we want to win trophy's.

We want to win them now no matter what.

We have not enough young players ready to play every game every week in SL so to try and satisfy our quest for silverware the club buys in experienced players.

I don't care what anyone says we will never be satisfied. A team full of young players or silverware? success? what do we want?

What we do need is PATIENCE! Leeds did it several years ago. They won nothing for years and lost their supporters because they put faith in bringing through their young players and look at them now a very successful team and all the supporters jumping on the bandwagon to be part of that success.

Why can't we be patient and play our young players and build them up to be great players with experience into a great trophy winning side? because all we want is success and we want it now! The players/coaches we have now will never achieve success because we are too impatient. If we play the young lads and they fail we will still be baying for blood. They are no good they have no experience, get so and so in we need experience. Get rid of so and so get rid of the players get rid of the coaches!

For God's sake give us a bloody break and stop all this bleating, be a bit more optimistic and patient and stop running the club down. If you are not happy supporting the best club game go and watch and support something else :exc:

We have a great club and great supporters who have stuck with the team through good and bad times lets keep doing that.
It's not often I disagree with you, Josie, but this is one of those times. For me, and for many others I believe, it's not so much about silverware as about performance, and about showing signs of a gradual improvement. Neither seems to be there at present. We look as bad, if not worse, than we did 2 years ago.

Patience is all very well, but how long are we to be to be patient with having our youngsters (who aren't all that young any more!) permanently stuck in the Reserves.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

More worryingly, if the poor form (and losses continue), how long will it be before we are in a similar position to when Brian Noble actually took over from Millward? (Ignore the fact of "no relegation" this is a smokescreen, if that was a big issue, why not dispense with all the overseas and "grow" a home produced team)
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER

Post by WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER »

all i keep hearing about is acouple of our young forwards getting sent out on loan and tehn another up and coming player has been mentioned to me today, so if this is the case we are not going to have any youngsters left to play, only so called superstars who would be arrested for impersonating a rugby player if there was a crime for it, come on noballs give thekids a chance.
fred_flintstone

Post by fred_flintstone »

The total lack of contract talks (to our knowledge) with Noble tells me that he wont be here next season. I'd have also expected a contract extension last season if Noble was to be the long-term coach. It'll be interesting to see how IL reacts to a seriously bad run of results a la Mildred; does he change things and pay the compensation or does he bide his time and leave Noble in place.

I for one don't believe Noble to be anything other than a dam good RL coach but for whatever reason it just isn't working at Wigan, its just one of those things, we see it all the time in football.
2Long in Exile

Post by 2Long in Exile »

Here Here Josie.However,Wiganers would not be Wiganers if they did not have a moan.I suppose thats what keeps us going.Players,Coaches,Chairman They come and go The club and its supporters will carry on through thick and thin.Its not that dark "believe"
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

2Long in Exile wrote:Here Here Josie.However,Wiganers would not be Wiganers if they did not have a moan.I suppose thats what keeps us going.Players,Coaches,Chairman They come and go The club and its supporters will carry on through thick and thin.Its not that dark "believe"
I think I'd change my name if I was you :sly:

:lol: :lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
doc

Post by doc »

IL won't get rid of BN. As there is no relegation this year he will save his money and just not renew BN's contract.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

If he does not sack him there will be very fans left.