Re: who would make a great coach

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ajsefc

Post by ajsefc »

I'd love Edwards or Lam from an emotional point of view but if I was to choose someone away from the clubs history it would be Fran Cummins.

He has bee assistant for 2 grand final winning teams for the last 2 years with 2 different manager. I know for a fact he comes up with the game plans for every game although Mclellan picks the team. He also wants to be his own man and is a big believer in bringing youth through
'I have a good stand up wash in that sink once a week'
Paleaaesina_Da_Beast

Post by Paleaaesina_Da_Beast »

LAMMMY!
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/x+Danny+Ric+x.png[/img]

--------

Gaz Hock, Man of Steel 2009

---------

Bradford 30 - 31 Wigan
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

Shaun will coach us one day but not yet he will only come back once his lad as finished

Ellery would be a good interim but do not know if he would come back

Kearney or lammy would be a good combination

but the one constant thing is Noble as got to go
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

ellery is off the 'talent show'. . . He can take over in the morning :cool:

Please god!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

when we had no coaches in 2005 and everybody was chanting who they wanted and i was chanting Adrian Lams Barmie Army
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Frano Botica and Bobby Goulding
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Edwards and Hanley, two of my favourite players of all time,but for coach at Wigan definitely not. Both are far too abrasive with very big egos.At the slightest hint of a disagreement they would quite probably just walk out unless they got their own way,after all neither of them need the money.Frankly i dont think there is a coach in SL good enough so even though it goes against the grain i would pick someone who ia available in the NRL,Adrian Lam would certainly be on my list
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

old hooker wrote:Edwards and Hanley, two of my favourite players of all time,but for coach at Wigan definitely not. Both are far too abrasive with very big egos.At the slightest hint of a disagreement they would quite probably just walk out unless they got their own way,after all neither of them need the money.Frankly i dont think there is a coach in SL good enough so even though it goes against the grain i would pick someone who ia available in the NRL,Adrian Lam would certainly be on my list
Tend to agree about Hanley. He has after all done it before (walk away that is).

On the other hand Edwards has shown no sign of not being able to handle the politics of being a coach. When he was a player and younger he may have been liable to let his ego get in the way but I think he is much more mature now.

That doesn't mean he would be daft enough to stay on here were he coach if he felt IL was not doing the right thing. There is a difference there though compared to letting his ego rule his head.

Dave
jackoh

Post by jackoh »

I`ld love to see Edwards here but can`t see him coming.
Hanley had problems with the Stains re his management style , so he could be a problem .
Adrian Lam would be my preferred choice with Andy Farrell as assistant .
noble would be put in charge of the Academy team , so he can see how good they are !, But on second thoughts they are a flambouyant rugby team which noble might ruin