Best Wigan RL Moment?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian b

Re: Best Wigan RL Moment?

Post by ian b »

iam sure that was the match where k skerret gave tim street a good hiding aswell jaws!!!
luke_robinsons_angel

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

mike binder wrote:sts helens when Luke Robinson made his debut ,we were 22-0 down and went on to win with robinson scoring hat trick
that wasn't luke's debut match, he made his debut in the april before that, he was returning from a hand injury in that match.

that is also my favourite moment.
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.
CBWarrior

Post by CBWarrior »

Favourite moment?

Date: 09/04/2009

Gleeson bursting through Pryce on our 20...steps a chasing gardner, draws wellens on half way, gives it Ainscough...final hooter goes... Ainscough under the sticks, pat kicks the goal...

Final score: Wigan 22 - 21 Stains (they kicked a drop goal early on to make it 21-0 at half time, to mock us)

I can dream...alright?! :D
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Morph wrote:
One better than that Leyther as a comeback
Hull v Wigan at the Boulevard in a cup match if my memory serves me right we losing i think 22 -0 and came back and won 23-22.There was a freezing wind coming off the North sea straight into the faces of the Wigan team first half .
Yes, i remember that one, was only a young lad. It must have been the coldest match i've been to, the only other one that came close for coldness was a match verses Workington, when the pitch was freezing up at half time in front of your eyes.
Was there watching that as well i think that was a cup match also
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Probably when we beat Bradford in the last second of the game at JJB, Faz still had to kick the goal to win.

Nilling Bradford at CP in the penultimate game there. Huge thunderstorm right over the ground, absolutely amazing atmosphere.

Beating Saints at Murrayfield in 2002

Tuigamala chipping over the winger whilst flying down the touchline at CP, picking the ball up one handed and simultaneously handing off the fullback and putting the ball down in the corner. I can't remember the game, I think it may have been against Australia.

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Too young to remember Manly (i was somewhere there though) and was 5 months old when we played Hull in '85.

Martin offiah's run at Wembley against Leeds (hands on face) that was sheer magic may be my best moment.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

jaws1 wrote:One better than that Leyther as a comeback
Hull v Wigan at the Boulevard in a cup match if my memory serves me right we losing i think 22 -0 and came back and won 23-22.There was a freezing wind coming off the North sea straight into the faces of the Wigan team first half .
Rings a bell. Was this the same game where a drop out went dead at the other end of the pitch?
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Manly

Brisbane

Final eliminator at Leeds with Danny Tickle's DG to win it

When the kids beat Saints 22-20 on the GF after being behind

And of course the Bradford 'comeback complete' game.

:) :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

CBWarrior wrote:Favourite moment?

Date: 09/04/2009

Gleeson bursting through Pryce on our 20...steps a chasing gardner, draws wellens on half way, gives it Ainscough...final hooter goes... Ainscough under the sticks, pat kicks the goal...

Final score: Wigan 22 - 21 Stains (they kicked a drop goal early on to make it 21-0 at half time, to mock us)

I can dream...alright?! :D
Nice one :lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Leyther Pie

Post by Leyther Pie »

jaws1 wrote:
Morph wrote:
One better than that Leyther as a comeback
Yes, i remember that one, was only a young lad. It must have been the coldest match i've been to, the only other one that came close for coldness was a match verses Workington, when the pitch was freezing up at half time in front of your eyes.
Was there watching that as well i think that was a cup match also
Yeah i think it was the challenge cup coz i vaguely remember listening to the game on the radio
I've never felt more like singing the Blues
When the Wiganers win and the Leythers lose.