Should Fielden go?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Should Fielding go?

Post by cpwigan »

highland convert wrote:Twice Fielden lost the ball. Video clearly showed it was two strips. What else did he do wrong. Great game and the knockers are on first as predicted, Jim
Your out of order Jim lol You will find lots of very positive comments. The people who post first do not go in the SSBar after the match.

Robjoenz will have to explain it but the ball carrier has a responsibility to carry the bll securely. If he loses it or gets it stripped it can be deemed a loose carry.

It happens too often to Fielden to excuse him.

I thought Coley was okay Meds. Lockers had a fair game too ;)
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

ancientnloyal wrote:He should go Prescott showed him up tonight and coley!
I agree, but primarily because of the wage he's on. If he was on a similar wage to Preccy it wouldn't be so bad, but he's probably on 4 times as much, so he should be 4 times as good to be value for money.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Surely we could con Celtic crusaders into signing him
R Douglas

Post by R Douglas »

cpwigan wrote:
highland convert wrote:Twice Fielden lost the ball. Video clearly showed it was two strips. What else did he do wrong. Great game and the knockers are on first as predicted, Jim
Your out of order Jim lol You will find lots of very positive comments. The people who post first do not go in the SSBar after the match.

Robjoenz will have to explain it but the ball carrier has a responsibility to carry the bll securely. If he loses it or gets it stripped it can be deemed a loose carry.

Lockers was world class tonight but unfortunately only as a player. A clever team with a clever Captain would have finshed them off in the first half tonight. We're sadly lacking in the Graeme West, Dean Bell, Ellery Hanley, Andy Farrel Department!
turf

Post by turf »

medlocke wrote:Surely we could con Celtic crusaders into signing him
:lol1: :lol1: :lol: :lol:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

cpwigan wrote:

Coley did ok but he hasn't exactly got the killer instinct has he, with both Stu and Coley gone we could bring in 2 well needed roughhouse props for next season, as for Lockers, thought he had a good game, he put in a few reet nice hits in, if only he played like that more often
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The team just need a stronger / better game plan. The one they have is not strong enough to give them something to fall back on. When games are tense / tight you need a base to go back to and work from it.

R Douglas

Post by R Douglas »

GeoffN wrote:
ancientnloyal wrote:He should go Prescott showed him up tonight and coley!
I agree, but primarily because of the wage he's on. If he was on a similar wage to Preccy it wouldn't be so bad, but he's probably on 4 times as much, so he should be 4 times as good to be value for money.
If I turned up for work and someone paid four times as much repeatedly failed to perform as productively as me, or try half as hard, I'd be a bit miffed.

If the U 21's is good enough for Pryce, Goulding, Smith and Phelps, it's good enough for "Fielding".

I was willing him to be the real Stuart Fielden tonight, but again I was adly dissapointed.

Amazingly, if he does turn up sometime later in the season, we could still win the Grand Final.
cpwigan

Re: Should Fielden go?

Post by cpwigan »

Fielden is the highest paid player at Wigan
Matthew

Re: Should Fielden go?

Post by Matthew »

Even Roby-fan Hemmings said that "Fielden isn't the player he was"

When does his contract run out? I don't think that we should renew it
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------