McIlorum To Salford

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Panchitta Marra

Re: McIlorum To Salford

Post by Panchitta Marra »

brookie123 wrote:In my humble opinion from what I've seen of this guy (ok not a lot from Norridge)he seems to show some commitment and enthusiasm, Riddell just appears to go through the motions (albeit slowly) and just doesn't seem to add anything to the side,re go forward. I posted backend of last season about what was happening at Wigan and young talent going elsewhere, just hope this isn't another example of that.
I think, as Geoff said, if Wigan were to remove the players that were consistently under performing, it would reduce our current overseas quota dramatically.
I may be wrong, however, players names like those below are regular mentions of players not performing.
Roberts
Smith
Pryce
Riddel
Fielden.
From what I read on the web site posts, it appears that Stuart Fielden, although making the odd error or three, has been vastly improved from last season. Whether this improvement is balanced sufficient to his cap salary, I cannot say.
From the performances of the reserve players, I am sure the home grown lads could fill the positions of the players mentioned above, in addition to the good lads on loan, Mossop for one.
As OAMJS said, we still have time to get this right before the relegation system sets in again.
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

i've been a fan of fielden for long time and have defended him often. every season he's been here i've been expecting him to get back to his best but it hasn't happened. he often looks miserable when he leaves the field, whether he's unhappy with his performance or being at wigan i'm not sure. i think a parting of the ways may be best for both parties. he was an awesome player and would love to see him play like that again but i don't see it happening. he's a quality defender still but he seems to have lost the power in his legs and the fire in his belly. he's been running harder and with more commitment since easter but he gets smashed backwards a lot of the time and i think a move may do him good. i REALLY hope he proves me wrong during the remainder of his contract.
Panchitta Marra

yoda warrior wrote:i've been a fan of fielden for long time and have defended him often. every season he's been here i've been expecting him to get back to his best but it hasn't happened. he often looks miserable when he leaves the field, whether he's unhappy with his performance or being at wigan i'm not sure. i think a parting of the ways may be best for both parties. he was an awesome player and would love to see him play like that again but i don't see it happening. he's a quality defender still but he seems to have lost the power in his legs and the fire in his belly. he's been running harder and with more commitment since easter but he gets smashed backwards a lot of the time and i think a move may do him good. i REALLY hope he proves me wrong during the remainder of his contract.
Like playing yourself Yoda, once you know a player is not as tough as he makes out to be, its easier to take him out of the game, or make him less effective.
For me its not been the Willie Mason shot, but the Radford fight that showed the rest in Rugby League that Stuart Fielden is very vunerable.
All the finger pointing, no longer has any back up, or meaning.
I dont think his legs are any weaker, he is a top class athlete, but the fire in his belly has definitely gone, as he knows people now know his weaknesses.
On a good day or a bad day, you never see Adrian Morley take a backward step. Very few in Rugby League will stand up to him, as they know what they will get in retaliation.
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

he also lost his mum on the eve of the06 tri nations. losing a parent makes you take things into perspective and maybe getting angry for a game of rugby is not as easy now for him. theres probably lots of reasons behind his loss of form but i hope he can turn it round eventually.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Take Myler any dat but not for MM
2002 and EW is hooked
Panchitta Marra

yoda warrior wrote:he also lost his mum on the eve of the06 tri nations. losing a parent makes you take things into perspective and maybe getting angry for a game of rugby is not as easy now for him. theres probably lots of reasons behind his loss of form but i hope he can turn it round eventually.
If Stuart can get back to the form he played in the Bulls V Wests Tigers final, he can be one of the best props in the world.
Sadly I cant see it, however for Wigan's and his own personal reasons, I sincerely hope he does.
warriortillidie

Post by warriortillidie »

they should keep him hes a good player there need to get rid of riddel ( piggy ) :exc:
turf

Post by turf »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
yoda warrior wrote:he also lost his mum on the eve of the06 tri nations. losing a parent makes you take things into perspective and maybe getting angry for a game of rugby is not as easy now for him. theres probably lots of reasons behind his loss of form but i hope he can turn it round eventually.
If Stuart can get back to the form he played in the Bulls V Wests Tigers final, he can be one of the best props in the world.
Sadly I cant see it, however for Wigan's and his own personal reasons, I sincerely hope he does.
If it is the bit I have highlighted in bold, then I think we should get off his back a little bit, and that is only my opinion.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

He'll not be going anywhere.

Since Lenagan came in the one thing that has stopped happening is us releasing younger players at every opportunity.

McIlorum/O'Carroll/Mossop/Goulding etc will all still be here next year imo and if they aren't they'll only be out on loan to gain some experience.

jackoh

Post by jackoh »

Can`t see IL letting MM go .
This must be another rumour .