Boots 'n All Bias

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jammie

Re: Boots 'n All Bias

Post by jammie »

after watching that sicking attack,the rfl should have banned him for life,i just wonder how many times they will mention gaz hock during the commentry of our match against hkr on sunday.i don't watch boots'n all carn't stand the bias and should be called the stains & leeds show.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

As I have sai elsewhere I have no problem with the RFL and it's member clubs being tough on drugs but the clubs make themselves look ridiculous by their namby pamby response when the decision is entirely theirs.

no doubt Hull KR fans will be screaming all sorts of obsenities at Wigan RLFC, fans, players etc this weekend whilst cheering Cockayne if he plays.

RL looks absurd because its standards are totally inconsistent.
outback wiganer

Post by outback wiganer »

I didnt watch Boots n All this week for the simple reason I knew what it was going to be like.... "Lets all jump on the we hate Wigan band wagon!!!"
I am dreading the game on Sunday. Every opportunity will be taken up by the Gareth Hock issue. I cant go to the game myself so I may watch it with the sound off and listen to the radio commentary instead.
As for Paul Cullens weekly analysis of the games, it really gets on my nerves how over the top he becomes and Eddie Hemmings is virtually drooling over him as he speaks. Stevo talks through his backside half of the time and most of their commentary is taken up by Eddie & Stevo sharing their difference of opinions. Give the job to Bill Arthur I say.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

I thought it was very unprofessional of Eddie Hemmings to ask O'Connor why he didn't "come running to the phone" when Ryan Hudson tested positive, and then went on to accuse him of coming on the programme to defend Gareth Hock.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
sheepdip

Post by sheepdip »

Sutty wrote:Yes, very big stones. What annoys me is that all (most) other teams are portraying themselves as whiter than white, when in fact, they are morally worse than our club as the lack of punishments handed out by clubs regarding matters of affray, GBH etc.
If Pryce, Reardon, Feka, Bird and especially Cockayne (the video footage is horrendous) they would all have been banned for a considerable length of time by the NRL, never mind their own clubs.
Has Hock attacked anybody? has his actions ruined anyone elses life? I think this is getting slightly blown out of proportion by the overly bias approach of Boots'n'all. I don't remember there being this much hype surrounding Hudson when he tested positive and I have never heard it mentioned during a match commentary since his comeback, can you imagine if Hock stays fit and makes a comeback? The grecian 2000 loving Hemmings is just a patronising, illinformed prat.

I don't know if anyone on here has seen this CCTV footage of the Ben Cockayne incident, it's pretty shocking so don't click on the link if you are likely to be upset by the aggression carried out in the attack.

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.u ... ticle.html
Having just seen the video via the link, I find it pretty disgusting. A pig like that should have got five years. I am getting pretty disheartened with the whole game at present. Those spineless gutless individuals at the RFL are wriniging their hands while some people are dragging the game through the gutter. Certain people have never forgiven Wigan for the way we dominated the game in the past and my word they are making us pay for it now.
"A STRONG LEEDS IS GOOD FOR THE GAME" (Gratian, H 2006)
outback wiganer

Post by outback wiganer »

I have only just watched the cctv footage of the sickening attack by Cockayne and its disgusting that an animal like that is allowed to.. a) still be allowed to walk the streets and b) still be allowed to earn his living as a professional rugby league player. Gareth Hock is being hung,drawn and quartered by the media and other clubs fans and faces a 2 year ban. He hasn't assaulted anyone or put anyone in hospital. I know he's let a lot of people down including himself, but I think things should be put into perspective. For me Cockayne should never earn another penny from rugby league. He should be serving time like I would be if it was me who had done that sort of cowardly attack on someone.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

hopr Terry O drops him the next tiem he sees him ,the way he ranted on about Terry protecting Hock made hemmings look like the arse wipe he his .Terry never once defended Hock just said playeers like him and many more (we all know) need educating
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
RJ

Post by RJ »

Hemmings has always been anti Wigan imho, it's just that his comment to Terry was more blatant than usual. If he spent more time worrying about the game itself and less about whether you can read the numbers on shirts and whether the ref is in a neutral colour (to mention just a few of his potty hobby horses) he would do us all a favour.
BriH

Post by BriH »

Does anybody know who to complain to at Sky Sports about the so-called "commentators" i.e. Eddie & Stevo?
How do they the powers that be assess these Clowns? Do they get any feedback from the Silly Sods like me that can only watch RL on Sky with the sound turned off? And pay their salaries indirectly through our Sky subscriptions.
I am increasingly watching the lower league matches and listening to RL via the radio Internet link.
Can't even watch State of Origin now because Sky sold it off tp Setanta and I aint going to pay extra just to watch State of Origin.