Re: Paul Prescott

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian b

Post by ian b »

jaws1 wrote:
Shevi 4 life wrote:
ian b wrote:prescott is a great prop,i just wished we hadnt got rid of Hargreaves as the front row would have been pretty awesome now!!! :D
i didnt know that dropping the ball on our twenty made you great..... hmmmmm i shall try.

How many balls did Prescott knock on yesterday errrrrrrrrrrrrrrafter watching the replay i think none.
Hock dropped it more than anyone but he was still a great player
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

I rewatched yesterdays match and he didn't drop any ball. In the first set of six he lost possesion but the ball was stripped. He's playing well - no argument from me.

RE Hargreaves. I remember when Hargreaves left there was some debate then about which prop we should retain. The consensus then was that Precott was better and the better long term prospect. I see nothing that changes that view.
Shevi 4 life

Post by Shevi 4 life »

jaws1 wrote:
Shevi 4 life wrote:
ian b wrote:prescott is a great prop,i just wished we hadnt got rid of Hargreaves as the front row would have been pretty awesome now!!! :D
i didnt know that dropping the ball on our twenty made you great..... hmmmmm i shall try.

How many balls did Prescott knock on yesterday errrrrrrrrrrrrrrafter watching the replay i think none.
what game are you watching?!?!?!?!? Prescott drops the ball 2 or 3 times week in, week out. Apart from that i do agree that he is a good prop, he's angles, work ethic and tackling are all good.

The point im making is that yesterday, prescott dropped the ball, in absolute key points in the match. Imo we cant have a prop doing that, no matter how good he is.

Hock lost the ball stupidly trying too offload, prescott loses it frequently getting up playing the ball, or in the tackle, its mistakes we cant afford to happen.
There expanding knowsley road from 3 car park spaces to 4
ian b

Post by ian b »

weststand-rich wrote:I rewatched yesterdays match and he didn't drop any ball. In the first set of six he lost possesion but the ball was stripped. He's playing well - no argument from me.

RE Hargreaves. I remember when Hargreaves left there was some debate then about which prop we should retain. The consensus then was that Precott was better and the better long term prospect. I see nothing that changes that view.
both up front would be good though!!!
turf

Post by turf »

He was very good again yesterday I thought, he is on form at the moment.
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

Prescott dropped the ball twice against Warrington, once right at the start and once right at the end.

He does need to make sure he is keeping hold of the ball, the first error was caused because he was to eager something O'Carroll used to have a problem with.

The last error could be put down to naivety because he didn't realise the Warrington player would try to knock the ball out of his hand or he was just unlucky that the ball hit the players knee.

The last error did give Warrington the opportunity to kick the drop goal but when you consider the rest of the work he did in attack and defence it was a very good performance.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

I would much rather have just one Prescott than Two Fekas.Ok he does drop the ball on more than one occasion but I would sooner have Prescott dropping the occasional ball than the defensive nightmare that is Feka.The man's contribution to the team as a whole is lamentable.I will not go on about Fielden as I have made my views known before.Just hoping that Huddersfield turn over the stains. :D
Shevi 4 life

Post by Shevi 4 life »

I was only saying, that the problem with prescott is that he drops that ball far too frequently, and teams have and will punish us for it, he does it week in week out.

This needs too be identified by the coaches and worked upon.
There expanding knowsley road from 3 car park spaces to 4
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Shevi 4 life wrote:I was only saying, that the problem with prescott is that he drops that ball far too frequently, and teams have and will punish us for it, he does it week in week out.

This needs too be identified by the coaches and worked upon.
Watch the TV coverage again. On both occasions the ball was knocked out.

His SL stats show 10 errors (don't know how many of those are knock-ons) in 17 games. That's a pretty good average by any standards. For comparison, Coley has 12 errors in 22 games, Fielden 14 from 23.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Shevi 4 life wrote: I'd love too see his avg knock-ons per match
0.58 errors per game. That's all errors, not just knock ons. So roughly one every two games.