K Pryce Injured and Out

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
gpartin

Re: K Pryce Injured and Out

Post by gpartin »

Exiled you know more about it than I do mate you're most probably right when you put it like that.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think part of the problem is that 'wrestling' has become a term of convenience. A cliche. Many wrestling esperts see what we describe as wrestling and lol saying that is not in any wrestling coaches book anywhere. We often use wrestling experts because they can add knowledge / understanding but what happens on a RL pitch is not anywhere near what happens in a ring. On a RL pitch as Mike states often the 'techniques' used seem to relate to applying pressure on limbs / joints. There may come a time when the RL rule book is radically overhauled following a serious incident.
ian b

Post by ian b »

cpwigan wrote:KP dislocated his shoulder wrestling
who is the wrestling coach cp ?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It was the famous Wigan wrestling guru who spent a few seasons helping St Helens when they were successful. His name escapes me.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

CP I think it is an old mate of mine from the past ROY WOODS used to be a very good wrestler and very experienced
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

ddtftf wrote:CP I think it is an old mate of mine from the past ROY WOODS used to be a very good wrestler and very experienced
ddtftf That is the man

I think fans have to remember what RL players are doing is not pure wrestling and is often about applying pressure to joints. As an example if you have a ball tucked under your arm and the tackler tries to disable your free arm / shoulder then it can be very difficult to get to your feet for your POTB.

'RL wrestling' is in the main about delaying the speed of the POTB or fighting to get a fast POTB. It is also used to bring a ball carrier to the ground with the tackler in the optimum position on top of him which again ultimately relates to speed of the POTB.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I have caught up now. We are all probably right and it comes down to semantics. I will go back to being positive again, despite my unease. Roy coached me, and is now involved with the Crusaders.
ian b

Post by ian b »

cpwigan wrote:It was the famous Wigan wrestling guru who spent a few seasons helping St Helens when they were successful. His name escapes me.
is it Roy Wood from Whelley
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Any news on how bad the injury was, was it fully disslocated.
Has he had any scans to reveal the extent of the damage.
Some dislocations require major surgery to repair and can take a long while to heal and re-strengthen again.
Very bad luck for the bloke.
pieaddict

Post by pieaddict »

hello,

coming from a judo background which is similar to wrestling i guess they are not using pressure in joints but using the others players bodyweight to get them on their back. I have noticed a lot of these techniques especially on the ground. Seems now in the rook players are reaching over and taking supporting arm away from players trying to get up. Its dead easy to dislocate your shouder with your own body weight while rolling using these techniques, ive done it.