K Pryce Injured and Out

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: K Pryce Injured and Out

Post by cpwigan »

pieaddict wrote:hello,

coming from a judo background which is similar to wrestling i guess they are not using pressure in joints but using the others players bodyweight to get them on their back. I have noticed a lot of these techniques especially on the ground. Seems now in the rook players are reaching over and taking supporting arm away from players trying to get up. Its dead easy to dislocate your shouder with your own body weight while rolling using these techniques, ive done it.
What you say sounds very relevant and correct IMO. MM also came from Melbourne who were the best club in the NRL at using such methods, sometimes controversially.
pieaddict

Post by pieaddict »

They are very simple methods and quite safe but really slow game up. Anyone can dislocate a shoulder if they roll over it with arm in wrong position. I think some of the judo coaches have trained at some clubs in league and union. A lot of take downs can be used as tackles. Not full throws for obvious reasons, but amount of time i see the leg come across a player to take them down has def increased over last few years.

A lot of these moves can be countered so the training in them will help to combat them eventually as the brain will automatically do this for you.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

pieaddict wrote:They are very simple methods and quite safe but really slow game up. Anyone can dislocate a shoulder if they roll over it with arm in wrong position. I think some of the judo coaches have trained at some clubs in league and union. A lot of take downs can be used as tackles. Not full throws for obvious reasons, but amount of time i see the leg come across a player to take them down has def increased over last few years.

A lot of these moves can be countered so the training in them will help to combat them eventually as the brain will automatically do this for you.
I can verify you are correct my lads Judo coach as worked with pro clubs. I can understand why a team would employ a wrestling/Judo coach, the take downs are very effective.
After watching some of his students who play at a national level I think just as a fitness thing our players could gain a lot, even without the advantage it gives in the grapple.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

pieaddict wrote:They are very simple methods and quite safe but really slow game up. Anyone can dislocate a shoulder if they roll over it with arm in wrong position. I think some of the judo coaches have trained at some clubs in league and union. A lot of take downs can be used as tackles. Not full throws for obvious reasons, but amount of time i see the leg come across a player to take them down has def increased over last few years.

The problem here is that RL players have no brain to take over. They're knackered here. :lol: :lol: :lol: I jest.

I'd noticed the leg coming over to lever players down but never clocked it as Judo before. Interesting.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Just so people know. The information came from within Wigan RLFC as did the following. Come November 2010, KP will have been paid 200K since signing for Wigan RLFC.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

so he's on c.£66,666 per year?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

If you spread it equally A & L
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

cpwigan wrote:If you spread it equally A & L
Im guessing

40k - 2010
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

thomo wrote:why did we sign him
why did we extend/renew his contract

will this be his third year with us

what a JOKE
His signing was a calculated risk taken on signing an injured player who Noble knew from his Bradford days. He didn't get picked up by RU for being a poor player.

I think the option for the extra year was open to both club and player. So the club could have held him to the extra year or the player could invoke the option to stay himself which he did. Calderwood did the same thing with his contract.

Dave
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Yes, he used to also have a bar kitting out business. He is still a handfull although I would say he is in his 60s now, not one to be arguing with when he has had a drink. He trained at Ernie Rileys gyme and had a fierce relationship with his cousin Alan Woods. When they met in the ring it was like World War 2 not to be seen by under 18s